All teachers in the Catholic Schools in the Archdiocese of Detroit shall be certified and /or approved for teaching by the Department of Education for the State of Michigan. All teachers are required to hold the appropriate endorsement for the subject(s) they are assigned to teach. All teachers who are catechist,(teachers of religion), must be certified by the Department of Evangelization, Catechesis and Schools.
• Current teaching certification issued by the State of Michigan
• Bachelors degree in education
• Adhere to Code of Ethical Conduct
• Completion of background checks and Safe Environment training prior to employment
• Previous elementary teaching experience preferred.