Thank you for your attendance and participation at the September 15 OCIA Orientation and Overview event.
The Office of Sacred Worship looks forward to continuing OCIA formation for all parish leadership, Families of Parishes directors, catechists, and worship coordinators. Here are resources to assist you in your ministry and some details about our upcoming continuing formation:
- The slides from the OCIA Orientation and Overview are accessible at egwdetroit.org/worship by clicking the “OCIA Orientation and Overview Resources” link.
- We expect the recording of the event to be available within the next two weeks.
- Our year-round catechumenate highly encourages the use of the Echoing the Mystery catechetical resource by the Dominican Sisters of Mary Mother of the Eucharist. This resource aligns closely with the Ecclesial Method of catechesis developed by Msgr. Francis D. Kelly.
- Our monthly regional trainings will also be centered around this resource as well as the Directory of Catechesis, New Edition.
- We would like to offer one of two options to purchase Echoing the Mystery at a discounted price. Click here to learn more about the options being considered and to provide your feedback. Please share your feedback no later than October 12.
- The Office of Sacred Worship will hold regional training events at the following locations beginning in the month of November:
- Immaculate Conception Parish, Ira Township (afternoon session)
- St. John Vianney, Shelby Township (evening session)
- National Shrine of the Little Flower Basilica, Royal Oak (afternoon session)
- Sacred Heart Parish, Dearborn (afternoon session)
- Fifth location: TBA
- Specific dates, times, and topics coming soon.
- We ask you to prayerfully consider attending one of our upcoming Sacramental Records workshops on October 5, October 19, or October 26. Click here to learn more.
Please reach out to Amy Wyss, Associate Director for the Office of Sacred Worship at firstname.lastname@example.org or (313)596-7312 with any questions.