- Regarding Fr. Thomas J. Cain… »
- Published Monday, Oct. 27, 2014
- Father Thomas J. Cain. (1919-1984). Ordained in 1945. Decades after his death, allegations of sexual abuse of a minor were brought forward to the Archdiocesan Board of Review, considered, and are believed to be credible.
- Regarding Fr. Thomas Belczak, St. Kenneth Parish... »
- Published Thursday, Oct. 9, 2014
- Effective today, Father Thomas Belczak has been required to step aside as pastor of St. Kenneth Parish, Plymouth, pending further steps by Church officials. This action results from a law enforcement investigation into alleged improper use of St. Kenneth Parish funds. It is anticipated that Fr. Belczak’s status will continue until this matter is resolved. During this time, Fr. Belczak, 60, will not be permitted to be present at St. Kenneth; he will not be working or serving there in any capacity. Fr. Belczak will be allowed to continue his public ministry as a priest only in circumstances with the expressed consent of the Archdiocese of Detroit.
- Regarding the verdict against Father Timothy Kane »
- Published Tuesday, Oct. 7, 2014
Today, Father Timothy Kane, who had been associate pastor at St. Moses the Black Parish in Detroit, was found guilty in Wayne County Circuit Court of six counts related to the embezzlement from the Angel Fund, a charitable initiative of the Archdiocese
- Life Chain Sunday »
- Published Monday, Sep. 29, 2014
- National Life Chain Sunday (October 5, across the U.S. and Canada) takes place annually, on the first Sunday in October. Life Chain invites the churches in each city and town across North America to stand on a designated local sidewalk and pray for 90 minutes. The location and time of each Life
Chain will be posted at LifeChain.net (by state in the U.S. and by province in Canada).
- Rev Michael Clement Suhy appointment effective Nov 29 »
- Published Monday, Sep. 22, 2014
Reverend Michael (Clement) Suhy, appointed administrator, St. Louise de Marillac Parish, Warren, effective November 29. Father Suhy currently serves as associate pastor at Our Lady of Good Counsel Parish, Plymouth.
- Fr Valentine Gattari Death Notice »
- Died Wednesday, Sep. 24, 2014
Visitation will take place at SS. Cyril & Methodius Parish Church, 41233 Ryan Road, Sterling Heights on Friday, September 26 from 2-9 p.m., with a wake service at 7 p.m.
Father Gattari will lie in repose on Saturday, September 27 at SS. Cyril & Methodius Parish Church from 10 a.m. until the celebration of his funeral Mass at 11 a.m. Interment will be at Resurrection Cemetery, Clinton Township.
- Fr Charles Fontana Death Notice »
- Died Tuesday, Sep. 23, 2014
Visitation will take place at John Molnar Funeral Home, 23700 West Road, Brownstown Township, 734-692-1515 on Sunday, September 28 from 1-6 p.m. Visitation will continue on Monday, September 29 at St. Clement Parish Church, 5275 Kenilworth Street, Dearborn from 2-7 p.m. with a rosary at 6:30 p.m.
Father Fontana will lie in repose on Tuesday, September 30 at St. Clement Parish Church from 10 a.m. until the celebration of his funeral Mass at 11 a.m. Interment will be at Mt. Olivet Cemetery, Detroit.