- Regarding the Death of Saginaw Bishop Joseph Cistone »
- Published Tuesday, Oct. 16, 2018
The Communications Department of the Archdiocese of Detroit shares Archbishop Vigneron’s response to the death of Saginaw Bishop Joseph R. Cistone.
- Catholic Television Network of Detroit to Air Canonizations »
- Published Friday, Oct. 12, 2018
- The Catholic Television Network of Detroit (CTND) on Sunday, October 14, will air coverage from the Vatican of the Canonizations of Blessed Pope Paul VI, Blessed Archbishop Óscar Romero, and four others. Live coverage will begin at 4 a.m., with rebroadcasts at 11 a.m. and 7:30 p.m.
- Regarding Rev Robert Witkowski »
- Published Wednesday, Oct. 10, 2018
- Fr. Robert Witkowski, 83, a senior (retired) priest of the Archdiocese of Detroit, has been restricted from any public ministry due to credible allegations of sexual abuse of minors.
- Archdiocese of Detroit Offers Update on Michigan Attorney General Investigation »
- Published Wednesday, Oct. 3, 2018
- The Archdiocese of Detroit cooperated fully with law enforcement officials executing a search warrant for clergy files today, as part of the Attorney General investigation into the handling of clergy sexual abuse allegations in Michigan’s seven Catholic dioceses.
- Archdiocese welcomes Attorney General investigation into 7 Michigan Catholic dioceses »
- Published Friday, Sep. 21, 2018
- The Archdiocese of Detroit welcomes the Attorney General's investigation and is prepared to fully cooperate. We have worked closely with authorities from all six counties within our archdiocese since 2002, when we shared past case files involving clergy misconduct and committed to turning over all new allegations regardless of when the alleged abuse occurred. The Attorney General investigation is the next phase of our commitment to transparency and healing.
- Deacon Douglas Jackson Jr »
- Died Saturday, Aug. 18, 2018
- Deacon Douglas Jackson, Jr. passed on from this life on August 18, 2018 at the age of 76.
- Father George Askar »
- Died Tuesday, Feb. 27, 2018
Father George Askar passed from this life on February 27, 2018. He was 84 years old.
A priest of the Diocese of Lafayette, Indiana, Father Askar was ordained on May 20, 1967. After his retirement in 2008, he was granted faculties in the Archd