- Regarding Jude Ellinghausen »
- Published Friday, Jul. 22, 2016
- Jude Ellinghausen voluntarily petitioned the Vatican (the Holy See) for laicization. It was granted and took effect June 24, 2016. Jude Ellinghausen is no longer considered a priest.
- Regarding the funeral service for Officer Michael Krol »
- Published Monday, Jul. 18, 2016
- The funeral Mass for Officer Michael Krol, the former Wayne County Sheriff officer who was killed in an attack on law enforcement officials in Dallas this month, will be at 11 a.m. on Tuesday, July 19, at St. Robert Bellarmine Church, 17101 West Chicago in Redford Township. St. Robert Bellarmine pastor Fr. Richard Leliaert will preside.
- Archbishop Vigneron statement on violence in Louisiana Minnesota and Texas »
- Published Friday, Jul. 8, 2016
- The Archdiocese of Detroit Communications Department relays the following comment from Archbishop Allen H. Vigneron in response to the shootings which took the lives of civilians in Baton Rouge, Louisiana and Falcon Heights, Minnesota, and of police officers in Dallas, Texas:
"In the face of the violence of these days, we turn to the Lord Jesus, the Prince of Peace. Let us implore his mercy for the healing of our wounds and the triumph of peace and justice."
The Most Reverend Allen H. Vigneron
Archbishop of Detroit
- Regarding the funeral service for Gordie Howe »
- Published Tuesday, Jun. 14, 2016
- The funeral service for Gordie Howe will take place at 11 a.m. on Wednesday, June 15 at the Cathedral of the Most Blessed Sacrament, 9844 Woodward Avenue in Detroit. Cathedral rector Father J.J. Mech will preside at the service.
- Prayer service for victims of violence in Florida »
- Published Sunday, Jun. 12, 2016
In response to the senseless violence that took the lives of dozens of individuals in Florida over Saturday night, the Archdiocese of Detroit will hold a prayer service at noon on Monday, June 13, at St. Aloysius Church, 1234 Washington Boulevard in De
- Mgsr. George Browne »
- Died Friday, Jul. 15, 2016
Visitation will take place at Our Lady on the River Parish, 610 South Water Street, Marine City on Wednesday, July 20, from 12 – 7 pm. There will be a Rosary at 12 pm and a wake service at 7 pm.
Visitation will continue on Thursday, July 21 from 10 am until the celebration of his funeral Mass at 12 pm. Interment will follow at Holy Cross Cemetery, Marine City.
- Msgr. Russell Kohler »
- Died Friday, Mar. 25, 2016
Visitation will take place at Rupp Funeral Home, 2345 South Custer Road, Monroe on Wednesday, March 30 from 2- 8 p.m. Visitation will continue at Ste. Anne de Detroit Parish, 1000 Sainte Anne, Detroit on Thursday, March 31 from 2 p.m. until the celebration of Mass at 6:30 p.m.
Visitation will conclude on Friday, April 1 at Most Holy Trinity Parish, 1050 Porter Street, Detroit from 2 p.m. until the celebration of the funeral Mass at 6:30 p.m.