- Sept. 4 - Regarding the funeral service for the Pastuszak family »
- Published Friday, Sep. 4, 2015
The funeral service for Sterling Heights residents Jerome Pastuszak and Mark Pastuzak will take place at 11 a.m. on Saturday, Sept. 5, at St. Ephrem Church, 38900 Dodge Park Road, Sterling Heights.
Due to the dignity attached to the occasi
- Sept. 3 - Detroit Vicar General elaborates on Pope's remarks on abortion and forgiveness »
- Published Thursday, Sep. 3, 2015
Monsignor Robert McClory, vicar general and moderator of the curia for the Archdiocese of Detroit, has helped clarify the local significance of Pope Francis’s comments Tuesday that priests in the upcoming Year of Mercy will be allowed to forgive
- Sept. 1 - Regarding the plea agreement of Father Edward Belczak »
- Published Tuesday, Sep. 1, 2015
On Tuesday, September 1, 2015, in U.S. District Court in Detroit, former St. Thomas More pastor, Father Edward Belczak, entered a guilty plea to misusing funds intended for the parish. Father Belczak was removed from the parish in January 2013. Present
- Reverend Tomek Maka »
- Published Thursday, Aug. 27, 2015
- Reverend Tomek Maka granted permission to serve with the US Navy Chaplain Corps. Father Maka’s officer commissioning took place Sunday, August 9, 2015 and he reported to Newport, Rhode Island for Officer and Chaplain Training
- Aug. 7 - Comment from Archbishop Vigneron regarding Communion and loved ones in same sex relationships »
- Published Monday, Aug. 10, 2015
- Archbishop Allen Vigneron sent this letter to the priests of the Archdiocese of Detroit.