- Nov. 11 - Holy See accepts retirement of Bishop Francis Reiss »
- Published Wednesday, Nov. 11, 2015
This morning, the Holy See announced that Pope Francis has accepted the resignation o
- Archdiocese to hold Vigil of Our Lady of Guadalupe Dec. 11 »
- Published Tuesday, Nov. 10, 2015
The Vigil of Our Lady of Gudalupe. Thursday, Dec. 11, 2014 at the Our Lady of Guadalupe Parish, 4200 Martin Rd. in Detroit.
- Nov. 5 - Regarding the funeral service for Ryan Tsatsos »
- Published Thursday, Nov. 5, 2015
- The funeral service for Ryan Tsatsos, the Central Michigan freshman who was killed by a hit-and-run driver on Nov. 1, will take place at 10 a.m. on Friday, Nov. 6, at St. Lawrence Church 44633 Utica Road in Utica.
- Local Photographer and His Approach to Young Catholic Women »
- Published Friday, Oct. 30, 2015
- The Department of Communications has recently been made aware of concerns involving an Oakland County-based photographer, Anthony Raphael Perlas, who also presents himself as Anthony Tridentine and as the leader of the Latin Mass Society. That society—not to be confused with the Latin Mass Society of England and Wales—is not affiliated or approved by the Archdiocese of Detroit.
- Archdiocese to hold Mass for Commerce this Wednesday morning Oct 21 »
- Published Monday, Oct. 19, 2015
Liturgy will be 8 a.m. at Sacred Heart Major Seminary
Business leaders from throughout the Metro Area will gather to celebrate the 22nd Annual Mass for Commerce, a liturgy celebrated for the busines
- Fr. Loren ODea »
- Died Wednesday, Oct. 14, 2015
We have received word of the death of Father Loren O'Dea, who passed on from this life on October 14, 2015, at the age of 87.
The O’Dea family will receive guests at the Heeney-Sunquist Funeral Home, 23720 Farmington Road in Farmington on Sunday, October 18 from 2-7 p.m., with scriptures at 4 p.m.
Father Loren's Funeral Mass will be celebrated Monday, October 19 at 11 a.m.. He will lie in repose at 10 a.m. at St. Damien of Molokai Parish (St. Michael Church), 120 Lewis Street in Pontiac. Interment will be at Mt. Hope Cemetery in Pontiac.
- Fr Donald Dacey »
- Died Thursday, Jun. 25, 2015
- Visitation will take place at A.J. Desmond & Sons (Vasu, Rodgers & Connell Chapel), 32515 Woodward Avenue (between 13-14 Mile), Royal Oak on Sunday, June 28 from 3-8 p.m.
Father Dacey will lie in repose on Monday, June 29, at St. Regis Parish Church, 3695 Lincoln, Bloomfield Hills from 10 a.m. until the celebration of his funeral Mass at 11 a.m. Interment at Holy Sepulchre Cemetery.