- Regarding the funeral service for Gordie Howe »
- Published Tuesday, Jun. 14, 2016
- The funeral service for Gordie Howe will take place at 11 a.m. on Wednesday, June 15 at the Cathedral of the Most Blessed Sacrament, 9844 Woodward Avenue in Detroit. Cathedral rector Father J.J. Mech will preside at the service.
- Prayer service for victims of violence in Florida »
- Published Sunday, Jun. 12, 2016
In response to the senseless violence that took the lives of dozens of individuals in Florida over Saturday night, the Archdiocese of Detroit will hold a prayer service at noon on Monday, June 13, at St. Aloysius Church, 1234 Washington Boulevard in De
- Rev Matthew Ellis »
- Published Sunday, Jun. 5, 2016
- Reverend Matthew Ellis appointed associate pastor of St. Lawrence Parish, Utica, effective July 1. Father Ellis currently serves as associate pastor of St. Therese of Lisieux Parish, Shelby Township.
- Five men to be ordained priests on Saturday for the Archdiocese of Detroit »
- Published Wednesday, May. 11, 2016
Detroit archbishop Allen H. Vigneron on Saturday, May 14, 2016 will ordain five men to the Catholic priesthood for the Archdiocese of Detroit.
- Sacred Heart Major Seminary Land Purchase Announcement »
- Published Tuesday, May. 10, 2016
Sacred Heart Major Seminary has agreed to purchase four lots totaling 21⁄2 acres to the west of its campus on Chicago Boulevard on the border of Detroit’s historic Boston-Edison district.
- Msgr. Russell Kohler »
- Died Friday, Mar. 25, 2016
Visitation will take place at Rupp Funeral Home, 2345 South Custer Road, Monroe on Wednesday, March 30 from 2- 8 p.m. Visitation will continue at Ste. Anne de Detroit Parish, 1000 Sainte Anne, Detroit on Thursday, March 31 from 2 p.m. until the celebration of Mass at 6:30 p.m.
Visitation will conclude on Friday, April 1 at Most Holy Trinity Parish, 1050 Porter Street, Detroit from 2 p.m. until the celebration of the funeral Mass at 6:30 p.m.
- Fr. James H. Flanagan »
- Died Thursday, Mar. 24, 2016
- Our brother and fellow priest, Father James H. Flanagan, founder of the Society of Our Lady of the Most Holy Trinity (SOLT), passed on from this life on Thursday, March 24, 2016, at the age of 91.