- Sept 22 Regarding the funeral service for Officer Kenneth Steil »
- Published Thursday, Sep. 22, 2016
- A funeral service for Officer Kenneth Steil, the 17-year veteran of the Detroit Police Department who died after being hospitalized with a gunshot wound sustained in duty, will be at 11 a.m. Friday, Sept. 23, at St. Joan of Arc Catholic Church, 22412 Overlake in St. Clair Shores.
- Sept. 21 - Killings in Dearborn Heights: Respecting Family/Community Privacy »
- Published Wednesday, Sep. 21, 2016
- The deaths of four family children and serious injury to their mother involve members of the St. Sebastian Parish/School community in Dearborn Heights. On behalf of the parish, the Archdiocese of Detroit asks reporters, photographers, and videographers to respect the privacy of school parents and students as they deal with this tragic news. Please allow them to cope personally and privately with this situation by staying off parish property and not pursuing individuals for interviews, pictures, or video. We thank you for this consideration amid your coverage of this tragic matter.
- Archdiocese to Host Mass at Cathedral Sept 4 to Mark Canonization of Mother Teresa »
- Published Thursday, Sep. 1, 2016
- To celebrate the canonization of Mother Teresa of Calcutta, Detroit Archbishop Allen Vigneron will lead a Mass at 11 a.m. on Sunday, Sept. 4, at the Cathedral of the Most Blessed Sacrament. All are welcome to attend the Mass. The service in Detroit will follow a Mass led by Pope Francis at the Basilica of St. Peter at the Vatican at 4 a.m. Eastern on Sept. 4.
- Day of Prayer for Peace in Our Communities »
- Published Tuesday, Aug. 30, 2016
- Following a summer of civil unrest and acts of violence in minority communities and against law enforcement officers in many parts of the nation, the Archdiocese of Detroit is observing a Day of Prayer for Peace in Our Communities. An outdoor prayer vigil will be held from 6:30 to 7:30 p.m. at St. Augustine and St. Monica Church, 5141 Seminole Street in Detroit. The prayer vigil will be led by St. Augustine and St. Monica pastor Monsignor Daniel Trapp. It will is part of a series of prayer events called “Take Back the Night,” which already have taken place throughout the city in attempts to bring communities together peacefully under fellowship in Christ.
- CTND to air coverage of Knights of Columbus Supreme Convention »
- Published Tuesday, Aug. 2, 2016
Next week, the Catholic Television Network of Detroit (CTND) will air CatholicTV's coverage of the 134th Supreme Convention of the Knights of Columbus in Toronto. The convention takes place from Tuesday, Aug. 2
- Fr. Robert Wurm »
- Died Monday, Jul. 25, 2016
- Our brother and fellow priest, Father Robert Wurm, passed on from this life on July 25, 2016 at the age of 82.
Father Wurm was born on April 28, 1934 in Detroit, Michigan and ordained a priest for the Archdiocese of Detroit on June 4, 1960.
- Mgsr. George Browne »
- Died Friday, Jul. 15, 2016
Visitation will take place at Our Lady on the River Parish, 610 South Water Street, Marine City on Wednesday, July 20, from 12 – 7 pm. There will be a Rosary at 12 pm and a wake service at 7 pm.
Visitation will continue on Thursday, July 21 from 10 am until the celebration of his funeral Mass at 12 pm. Interment will follow at Holy Cross Cemetery, Marine City.