- Rev Michael Clement Suhy appointment effective Nov 29 »
- Published Monday, Sep. 22, 2014
Reverend Michael (Clement) Suhy, appointed administrator, St. Louise de Marillac Parish, Warren, effective November 29. Father Suhy currently serves as associate pastor at Our Lady of Good Counsel Parish, Plymouth.
- Catechetical Sunday »
- Published Monday, Sep. 15, 2014
- The United States Conference of Catholic Bishops has designated the third Sunday in September as Catechetical Sunday. Catechetical Sunday is a wonderful opportunity to reflect on the role that each person plays, by virtue of Baptism, in handing on the faith and being a witness to the Gospel. Check your local parish for Catechetical Sunday observance.
- Monsignor Thomas Rice appointment effective Nov 29 »
- Published Tuesday, Sep. 2, 2014
- Monsignor Thomas Rice, appointed pastor, St. Thomas More Parish, Troy effective November 29. Monsignor Rice currently serves as pastor at St. Louise de Marillac Parish, Warren.
- Resolution of the 2011 Incident at St Peter Parish »
- Published Saturday, Aug. 30, 2014
In 2011, the Archdiocese of Detroit became aware of the failure of the pastor of St. Peter Parish in the Archdiocese of Detroit, Father Michael N. Cooney, to report suspected abuse of a minor in a timely manner. The incident occurred in the final
- Our Lady of Hope completes burials of Wayne County unclaimed bodies »
- Published Thursday, Aug. 28, 2014
Our Lady of Hope Cemetery in Brownstown Township today completed burials of 145 bodies that had gone unclaimed from the Wayne County Medical Examiner’s Office. The first of the bodies had been buried at a public, interfaith memorial service July 9.
Our Lady of Hope Cemetery is at 18303 Allen Road, between Pennsylvania and Sibley roads. The cemetery is owned by the Archdiocese of Detroit and managed by Catholic Funeral and Cemetery Services (CFCS).
The efforts to find final resting places for the remains of the individuals came cooperatively from the Michigan Funeral Director Association chapters from Wayne and Oakland counties; the Jewish Fund; the Archdiocese of Detroit; and a coalition of volunteers and sponsoring businesses and organizations.
An additional 13 bodies from the Wayne County morgue are to be buried with military honors on Sept. 11 at Great Lakes National Cemetery in Holly. Six other bodies had been claimed as news of the burial service had spread.
Of the remains laid to rest at Our Lady of Hope, 135 were full burials in caskets; 10 were burials of cremated remains. An upright, granite grave marker — which will be donated by Inch Memorials in Northville and installed this fall — will be inscribed with the names of those buried. The graves are to the right-hand side of the cemetery’s main entrance, in Section 1. Those wishing to visit the cemetery and pay their respects can call Our Lady of Hope at (734) 285-2155 for further directions and information.
- Fr Richard Cyr Death Notice »
- Died Sunday, Sep. 7, 2014
Visitation will take place at Wujek-Calcaterra & Sons, 36900 Schoenherr at Metro Parkway (16 Mile), Sterling Heights on Wednesday, September 10 from 5-8 p.m.
Visitation will continue at St. Peter Parish Church, 95 Market Street, Mt. Clemens on Thursday, September 11 from 2-8 p.m.
Father Cyr will lie in repose on Friday, September 12, at St. Peter Parish Church, from 10 a.m. until the celebration of his funeral Mass at 11 a.m. Interment at Resurrection Cemetery, Clinton Township.
- Fr David Brecht OSA Death Notice »
- Died Saturday, Sep. 6, 2014
Visitation will take place in St. Clare of Montefalco Parish Church, 1401 Whittier Road, Grosse Pointe Park on Thursday, September 11 from 2-6 p.m. Funeral Mass will follow at 6 p.m.
Interment will take place at Mt. Olivet Cemetery, 17100 Van Dyke, Detroit, on Friday, September 12 at 10 a.m.