- Archdioceses annual Mass for Commerce this Wednesday morning Oct 19 »
- Published Monday, Oct. 17, 2016
Business leaders from throughout the Metro Area will gather to celebrate the 23rd Annual Mass for Commerce, a liturgy celebrated for the business and professional community, on Wednesday, October 19, at 8:00 am at Sacred Heart Major Seminary, 2701 Chicago Boulevard in Detroit.
- Historic St Joseph church now Oratory under care of religious community »
- Published Tuesday, Oct. 11, 2016
- Detroit Archbishop Allen Vigneron has made official the creation of a new Catholic parish at St. Joseph Church in downtown Detroit under the pastoral care of the Chicago-based religious community Institute of Christ the King Sovereign Priest. As of Oct. 7, the site and parish are known as St. Joseph Oratory. The religious community, known for its dedication to the Extraordinary Form of Mass — commonly known as the Traditional Latin Mass or Tridentine Mass — and other Catholic Sacraments, has fostered active parish communities at a dozen other churches across the United States.
- Archbishop Vigneron on Archbishop Joseph Tobin being named a Cardinal by Pope Francis »
- Published Sunday, Oct. 9, 2016
Today, Pope Francis announced that Indianapolis Archbishop Joseph Tobin, CSsR — a native of Detroit who as a priest of the
- Oct. 7 - Archbishop Vigneron to celebrate landmark Mass for Pardon »
- Published Thursday, Oct. 6, 2016
- Detroit Archbishop Allen Vigneron will celebrate the Archdiocese of Detroit’s first-ever Mass for Pardon at 7 p.m., Friday, Oct. 7, at the Cathedral of the Most Blessed Sacrament. The Mass for Pardon is a penitential act, asking for God’s forgiveness for the sins of the Catholic community as a whole over the generations. Such sins include institutional racism, clergy sex abuse and neglect toward helping the poor and spreading the Gospel.
- Sept 22 Regarding the funeral service for Officer Kenneth Steil »
- Published Thursday, Sep. 22, 2016
- A funeral service for Officer Kenneth Steil, the 17-year veteran of the Detroit Police Department who died after being hospitalized with a gunshot wound sustained in duty, will be at 11 a.m. Friday, Sept. 23, at St. Joan of Arc Catholic Church, 22412 Overlake in St. Clair Shores.