- CTND to air coverage of Knights of Columbus Supreme Convention »
- Published Tuesday, Aug. 2, 2016
Next week, the Catholic Television Network of Detroit (CTND) will air CatholicTV's coverage of the 134th Supreme Convention of the Knights of Columbus in Toronto. The convention takes place from Tuesday, Aug. 2
- Catholic Archbishop touched by condolences from local Imams »
- Published Monday, Aug. 1, 2016
- DETROIT — Detroit Archbishop Allen Vigneron was moved this week to have received correspondences from local Imams on behalf of Michigan Muslims, expressing condolences for the death of Catholic priest Father Jacques Hamel, who was killed by terrorists in Normandy, France, on July 26.
- Regarding Jude Ellinghausen »
- Published Friday, Jul. 22, 2016
- Jude Ellinghausen voluntarily petitioned the Vatican (the Holy See) for laicization. It was granted and took effect June 24, 2016. Jude Ellinghausen is no longer considered a priest.
- Regarding the funeral service for Officer Michael Krol »
- Published Monday, Jul. 18, 2016
- The funeral Mass for Officer Michael Krol, the former Wayne County Sheriff officer who was killed in an attack on law enforcement officials in Dallas this month, will be at 11 a.m. on Tuesday, July 19, at St. Robert Bellarmine Church, 17101 West Chicago in Redford Township. St. Robert Bellarmine pastor Fr. Richard Leliaert will preside.
- Archbishop Vigneron statement on violence in Louisiana Minnesota and Texas »
- Published Friday, Jul. 8, 2016
- The Archdiocese of Detroit Communications Department relays the following comment from Archbishop Allen H. Vigneron in response to the shootings which took the lives of civilians in Baton Rouge, Louisiana and Falcon Heights, Minnesota, and of police officers in Dallas, Texas:
"In the face of the violence of these days, we turn to the Lord Jesus, the Prince of Peace. Let us implore his mercy for the healing of our wounds and the triumph of peace and justice."
The Most Reverend Allen H. Vigneron
Archbishop of Detroit
- Fr. Robert Wurm »
- Died Monday, Jul. 25, 2016
- Our brother and fellow priest, Father Robert Wurm, passed on from this life on July 25, 2016 at the age of 82.
Father Wurm was born on April 28, 1934 in Detroit, Michigan and ordained a priest for the Archdiocese of Detroit on June 4, 1960.
- Mgsr. George Browne »
- Died Friday, Jul. 15, 2016
Visitation will take place at Our Lady on the River Parish, 610 South Water Street, Marine City on Wednesday, July 20, from 12 – 7 pm. There will be a Rosary at 12 pm and a wake service at 7 pm.
Visitation will continue on Thursday, July 21 from 10 am until the celebration of his funeral Mass at 12 pm. Interment will follow at Holy Cross Cemetery, Marine City.