The Technology Department was established in response to Action Step 3.2 from Unleash the Gospel to help the Curia, parishes, and schools move from maintenance to mission by providing:
- Strategic technology oversight
- Process and technology alignment towards mission outcomes
- Centralized data and information that supports informed decision-making
- Secure and efficient IT support, infrastructure, and applications
- Project, data, and application governance
In an effort to allow information to flow securely between parishes, schools and the archdiocese, the Department of Technology offers parishes and schools direct IT support through the Shared Services Model. The Shared Services Model helps parishes reduce technology maintenance, collaborate and share information securely, and save money with negotiated pricing and discounts.