The funeral service for Father Michael Cooney will take place at 11 a.m. Friday, December 4 at St. Peter Catholic Church, 95 Market Street in Mt. Clemens. Archbishop Allen Vigneron will preside at the Mass; Monsignor Charles Kosanke, pastor of the Basilica of Sainte Anne de Détroit and Most Holy Trinity Parish in Detroit, will serve as the homilist.
Resulting from limitations necessitated by the pandemic and respecting the wishes of the family and parish community, specific arrangements have been made for members of the news media:
- The permitted seating inside the church has already been allotted and the service will be closed to media. Therefore, no media recording devices – video, audio or still photography – will be allowed in the church or on parish property while the body lies in repose or during the funeral service.
- Pictures and video taken outside the church must respect the community’s need for personal space at this difficult time. No media interviews will take place on parish property before, during or after the funeral.
- Media outlets are welcome to video and audio from the live-stream available at: www.youtube.com/c/stpeterparishmtclemens.
- A pool photographer from the Archdiocese of Detroit will be inside the church. Following the liturgy, photos will be available here.
- The church parking lot will be reserved for attendees and will not be open to media vehicles. Street parking will be available on a first-come, first-served basis.
- We kindly ask that you heed any additional direction from parish officials in regard to parking and access around parish property.
Thank you for your attention to this request and for your sensitivity to the family's and the community's need for personal space at this difficult time.