The subject property consists of St. Elizabeth Church which is located at 138 Goodell Street in Wyandotte, Wayne County, MI. The property consists of a 21,703 square-foot church/ school facility and a 4,176 foot rectory with a three-car attached garage and an additional parking lot. The rectory is located across the street on a separate parcel. The subject property is currently vacant.
The rear portion of the church/school is two-stories and consists of classrooms and offices. The rear potion built in 1949 and has a full basement. The front portion is one-story and consists mainly of the main sanctuary. The front portion was added in 1954 and has a slab foundation. No year built information was found for the rectory and garage. Given the exterior and interior finishes of the rectory, it is assumed that the rectory and garage were built circa 1950.
The rectory and garage sit on a 0.39-acre L-shaped lot. The eastern portion of the site is asphalt paved and is used for additional church parking. The church/school sits on a 0.98-acre site and has a rear asphalt paved parking lot.