- Statement on the Feast of Our Lady of Guadalupe »
- Published Friday, Dec. 9, 2016
As we celebrate the Feast of Our Lady of Guadalupe and the Memorial of St. Juan Diego – her chosen spokesman – we recall with gratitude her powerful witness to the tender mercy of God, present among us in flesh and blood in the person of her Son, the Lord Jesus. In these days it is particularly right to turn our thoughts and prayers to the migrants and refugees, those who find themselves on the margins of our community.
- Archbishop Vignerons Homily at Synod 16 Opening Mass »
- Published Friday, Nov. 18, 2016
I'm really glad I showed up! I thought, and I have written here, that I should welcome you all, but that seems too weak a word for speaking to you here at the beginning of our synod. It is certainly appropriate to say thanks to all of you for all the t
- Mass for Pardon Homily »
- Published Friday, Oct. 7, 2016
The following homily was delivered by Archbishop Allen H. Vigneron at the Mass for Pardon at the Cathedral of the Most Blessed Sacrament in Detroit.
Audio of Archbishop's homilies are available on
- Saint Teresa Canonization Mass Homily »
- Published Tuesday, Sep. 6, 2016
- Homily given by Archbishop Vigneron during the local canonization Mass of Saint Teresa of Calcutta.
- 2016 Corpus Christi Homily »
- Published Tuesday, Jun. 28, 2016
- Archbishop's homily from the Feast of Corpus Christi, given at the Cathedral of the Most Blessed Sacrament.
- 2016 Pentecost Vigil Homily »
- Published Saturday, May. 14, 2016
- The following is the transcript of the homily given by Archbishop Allen Vigneron at the Vigil of Pentecost, May 14, 2016, at the Cathedral of the Most Blessed Sacrament in Detroit.
- Amazing Parish Conference Introductory Remarks »
- Published Monday, Apr. 18, 2016
- Archbishop Allen Vigneron gave the following remarks to open The Amazing Parish conference on Monday, April 18, 2016. More than 200 parishes from the Archdiocese of Detroit sent leadership teams to participate in the conference, which is meant to help reimagine and strengthen the mission-centered focus of the Catholic parish.
- Archbishop: Pope invites family members to ‘answer their call’ to become saints »
- Published Friday, Apr. 8, 2016
- Detroit Archbishop Allen Vigneron made the following comments upon the release of Pope Francis’s Post-synodal Apostolic Exhortation, Amoris Laetitia (“On Love in the Family.”)
- Divine Mercy Sunday Homily »
- Published Sunday, Apr. 3, 2016
- The following is the transcript of the homily given by Archbishop Allen Vigneron at the Cathedral of the Most Blessed Sacrament on Divine Mercy Sunday, April 3, 2016. Present at the Cathedral were its parishioners, and visitors from the Servants of Jesus of Divine Mercy, Knights and Dames of Malta, and many invited from the Divine Mercy Center.
- Easter Sunday Homily »
- Published Sunday, Mar. 27, 2016
The following is the transcript of the homily given by Archbishop Allen Vigneron on Easter Sunday, March 27, 2016, at the Cathedral of the Most Blessed Sacrament in Detroit. Hundreds were on hand for the Easter liturgy, concelebrated by Cathedral Rector Father J.J. Mech and vicar Father Gregory Deters.