- Coaching IS Ministry Comes to Archdiocese of Detroit »
- Published Wednesday, Feb. 28, 2018
The Catholic Youth Organization in the Archdiocese of Detroit (CYO Detroit) will join in partnership with three nationally recognized Catholic sports education programs as it seeks to fulfill the mission of Unleash the Gospel to “undergo a missionary conversion” and change in the culture of Catholic sports.
- Reverend Paul Ward »
- Published Sunday, Feb. 18, 2018
- Reverend Paul Ward has been released to serve as Chaplain at Wyoming Catholic College for a period of three years, effective July 1, 2018. Father Ward is currently pastor of Sacred Heart Parish, Imlay City.
- St Mary Church in Wayne announces closure of school »
- Published Friday, Feb. 16, 2018
- On behalf of St. Mary Catholic Church (34530 W. Michigan Ave. in Wayne), the Archdiocese of Detroit relays the enclosed letter from parish administrator Bishop Walter Hurley, announcing the decision to close St. Mary School in Wayne following years of enrollment decline and financial struggles.
- Regarding the funeral service for Art Van Elslander »
- Published Thursday, Feb. 15, 2018
- The funeral service for Art Van Elslander will take place at 11 a.m. Friday, February 16 at the Cathedral of the Most Blessed Sacrament, 9844 Woodward Ave., Detroit 48202.
- Archbishop to mark Ash Wednesday with Mass at downtown church »
- Published Tuesday, Feb. 13, 2018
- To mark the local Catholic Church’s observance of Ash Wednesday, which this year is on February 14, Detroit Archbishop Allen Vigneron will be the celebrant and homilist at the 12:15 p.m. Mass at St. Aloysius Church, 1234 Washington Boulevard (1½ blocks north of Michigan Avenue) in downtown Detroit. For Catholics, Ash Wednesday is the beginning of Lent, a liturgical season of forty weekdays of prayer and penance in preparation for Easter.
- Bishops Pilgrimage to the Holy Land Seeks Bridges Not Walls »
- Published Thursday, Feb. 1, 2018
From United States Conference of Catholic Bishops
WASHINGTON—Ten bishops made a Pilgrimage to the Holy Land on January 18 - 27, 2018. In reflections issued at the conclusion of the Pi