- Death of Cardinal Law Prompts Advisory from the Archdiocese of Detroit »
- Published Thursday, Dec. 21, 2017
The news about Cardinal Bernard Law’s death provides the Archdiocese of Detroit with an opportunity to again state its commitment to those victims and their families who have been impacted by the sexual abuse of minors by members of the Catholic clergy and/or Church personnel. The Archdiocesan website (aod.org) along with every print edition of The Michigan Catholic newspaper publish this contact information on reporting sexual abuse; parishes are encouraged to publish it in their weekly bulletins:
- DETAILS ANNOUNCED FOR FATHER SOLANUS CASEY BEATIFICATION »
- Published Tuesday, Nov. 14, 2017
DETROIT, MI (14 November 2017) – Details of the historic Beatification Mass were announced today for Father Solanus Casey, a humble Capuchin Friar who has been credited with a miraculous cure. The Beatification of Father Solanus
- Kevin Kijewski named Superintendent of Catholic Schools »
- Published Thursday, Nov. 9, 2017
- Kevin Kijewski, J.D. has been appointed Superintendent for Catholic Schools in the Archdiocese of Detroit, effective Dec. 4. With the approval of Archbishop Allen Vigneron, Kijewski (pronounced “kiev-ski”) has been hired in this important role leading the Office of Catholic Schools within the Department of Evangelization, Catechesis, and Schools.
- UPDATED Beatification of Father Solanus Casey Transportation Memo »
- Published Friday, Nov. 3, 2017
Updated travel accommodations for Mass attendees with limited mobility Addressing recent concerns about transportation accommodations for Mass attendees with limited mobility, the Archdiocese of Detroit is sharing the following updated bus parking and shuttle information to assist parishes and individuals planning their pilgrimage to Ford Field. We will continue to communicate more details as they become available, so please stay tuned to Parish Mail and the event website at https://beatification.visitdetroit.com. You may also find useful information at www.aod.organd www.solanuscasey.org.
Click here for a pulpit announcement regarding accommodations for those with limited mobility.
The Beatification Mass will begin at 4 p.m. Nov. 18. Doors open at 2 p.m. and attendees are advised to arrive early. It promises to be a grace-filled day for our archdiocese and city, and we look forward to joining together in celebration and prayer.
- Supporting CYO Requires a Bit More Effort »
- Published Sunday, Oct. 8, 2017
- To make a donation in support of CYO in this year’s United Way campaign, just look to the spot where you can write in a charitable organization and put in Catholic Youth Organization. United Way will continue to make sure that support flows through them to the agency. Should you wish to donate directly, there are various ways that can be done. For more information on other options, including small monthly giving, automobile donations, planned giving through estates or wills, or in-kind contributions email firstname.lastname@example.org or head to http://tinyurl.com/yab9gmvc.
- Father Solanus Casey Beatification Tickets Available October 9 »
- Published Thursday, Oct. 5, 2017
DETROIT, MI – The Capuchin Franciscan Province of St. Joseph in Detroit has announced that tickets to the Father Solanus Casey Beatification will be available to the public on Monday, October 9 at 9 a.m. ET only at
- Reverend Peter Etzel SJ »
- Published Monday, Oct. 2, 2017
- Reverend Peter Etzel, SJ, appointed Pastor of Gesu Parish, Detroit, effective November 20. Father Etzel has been serving as Director of the Sioux Spiritual Center and as Director of Ministry Formation, both in the Diocese of Rapid City.
- Prayer Service for Victims in Las Vegas »
- Published Monday, Oct. 2, 2017
- In response to the tragic shooting that took the lives of dozens of individuals and injured hundreds more in Las Vegas Sunday night, the Archdiocese of Detroit will hold a prayer service at noon on Monday, Oct. 2, at St. Aloysius Church, 1234 Washington B
- Sistine Chapel Choir to give first ever Detroit performance »
- Published Friday, Sep. 15, 2017
The Sistine Chapel Choir from Rome, commonly recognized as "the Pope's Choir," will make its first-ever performance in Detroit on Saturday, September 23 at 7:30 p.m. at the Detroit Opera House. Their performance in Detroit will culminate the Choir's historic return to the U.S. for the first time in over 30 years, which also includes performances at St. Patrick's Cathedral in New York City and the Basilica of the National Shrine of the Immaculate Conception in Washington, D.C. The Choir will perform to a sold-out audience.
- Reverend Andrew Kowalczyk CSMA »
- Published Tuesday, Sep. 12, 2017
- Reverend Andrew Kowalczyk, CSMA, appointed Administrator of St. Philomena Parish, Detroit, effective September 1, in addition to his ongoing responsibilities as Pastor of St. Clare of Montefalco Parish, Grosse Pointe Park.