- Open Letter on the Economy to Catholics in Southeast Michigan »
- Published Friday, Dec. 5, 2008
Cardinal Adam Maida, archbishop of Detroit, writes to the clergy and laity this weekend (the Second Sunday of Advent) on the economy. His pastoral letter — “Christ Our Hope” — will be distributed in parishes and will appear on the archdiocesan Web site and in its weekly newspaper.
- Bishop Quinn Named to the Winona Diocese »
- Published Wednesday, Oct. 15, 2008
Pope Benedict XVI has named Auxiliary Bishop John Quinn as coadjutor and the eighth bishop of the Diocese of Winona, Minnesota. Bishop Quinn will serve with - and then succeed - Bishop Bernard Harrington, who, upon reaching the age of 75, submitted his
- Cardinal Maida to Ordain 12 Permanent Deacons »
- Published Friday, Oct. 3, 2008
Cardinal Adam Maida, archbishop of Detroit, will ordain 12 men into the permanent diaconate in a ceremony on October 4 at Detroit's Blessed Sacrament Cathedral. The new ordinations bring the number of permanent deacons serving in the Archdiocese of Det
- Cardinal Maida Dedicates Two New Catholic High Schools »
- Published Friday, Sep. 19, 2008
CLARKSTON, Mich. – There was reason to celebrate on Friday, September 5, as Adam Cardinal Maida dedicated the newest high schools in the Archdiocese of Detroit.
"I am very excited to have this opportunity to preside at the Dedication Cere
- Cardinal Maida to Ordain Five Men to the Priesthood »
- Published Wednesday, May. 7, 2008
Cardinal Adam Maida, archbishop of Detroit, will ordain five men to the Catholic priesthood at 10 a.m. on Saturday, May 10, at Blessed Sacrament Cathedral, 9844 Woodward Avenue, Detroit. The public is invited to attend.