MISSION OF SCHOOL:
Loyola High School, a Catholic High School in the Jesuit tradition, nurtures a culture of hope and
academic success for young men challenged by an urban environment and prepares them to be
men of Christian love, justice, and service who act with integrity, compassion and courage.
The Director of the Loyola Work Experience Program (LWEP) is a full-time, 12-month position
reporting directly to the President of Loyola High School. LWEP is a work/study program
mandatory for all juniors and seniors giving them the opportunity to use personal and professional
skills in a real-world workplace environment. Each student works one day per week plus one
Friday per month. The LWEP Director is responsible for the overall operation of the work/study
program including expanding and securing new corporate partnerships for the program.
- Steward and maintain existing LWEP partners and identify and recruit new LWEP partners.
- Achieve or exceed LWEP annual paid position targets and overall revenue target.
- Manage and supervise daily activities of the Assistant LWEP Director including setting annual
performance goals and expectations.
- Design and coordinate training sessions to be held before the start of fall term.
- Design and conduct quarterly training sessions.
- Design and coordinate orientation for all juniors, new seniors, and parents.
- Determine the needs of sponsors and evaluate student skills for job placements.
- Cultivate and develop relationships with corporate clients, human resources departments, and
job supervisors to procure annual renewal and continued growth of LWEP.
- Create a yearly calendar with student assignments for faculty.
- Compile and review data from sponsors on student preparation, attendance, and job
performance on a regular basis.
- Meet with corporate sponsors on a regular basis to ensure their needs are being met.
- Produce a monthly newsletter for sponsors, faculty, and staff.
- Organize a yearly open house for sponsors at Loyola, so they can see their workers on home
- Work closely with Principal on student performance and Development Director on LWEP paid
position target achievement.
- Model, articulate, and communicate the philosophy and mission of Loyola.
Demonstrate scheduling and time management abilities along with good organizational skills
- Possess excellent listening and communication skills
- Strong moral center, honest and trustworthy
- Self-confident and looks to inspire confidence in others
- Capable of providing strong leadership, while working collaboratively with teachers and
- Possess a strong decision-making style
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelors Degree in business, finance, or related field (Master's preferred)
- Business experience and demonstrated success in corporate or non-profit sales and
management, including customer relations management