All teachers in the Catholic Schools in the Archdiocese of Detroit shall be certified and /or approved for teaching by the Department of Education for the State of Michigan. All teachers are required to hold the appropriate endorsement for the subject(s) they are assigned to teach.
Essential duties of this position include the following.
* Embrace and implement research-based instructional strategies
* Establish daily classroom routines and conditions that allow ALL students the opportunity to access and make sense of course content.
* Work frequently and cooperatively with other team members to continuously improve the instructional program.
* Communicate with parents on student progress. Evaluate academic and social growth of students, prepare report cards, and keep appropriate records to include attendance, checklists, census forms, and other recordkeeping activities as necessary.
* Implement Common Core curriculum, Archdiocese curriculum and school and district prefessional development with rigor, purpose, and planning.