All teachers in the Catholic Schools in the Archdiocese of Detroit shall be certified and /or approved for teaching by the Department of Education for the State of Michigan. All teachers are required to hold the appropriate endorsement for the subject(s) they are assigned to teach. All teachers who are catechist,(teachers of religion), must be certified by the Department of Evangelization, Catechesis and Schools.
• Valid Michigan Teaching Certificate with Early Childhood or Pre-K endorsement preferred
• Strong example of Catholic Christian faith
• Have established classroom management techniques
• Be a certified catechist or willing to become certified within one year of hire
• Ability to work effectively and collaboratively with students, parents, and staff
• Effective communication, and organizational skills
• Must take Protecting God's Children class, CPR certification, and be willing to upkeep certification
and professional development yearly according to the State of Michigan Licensing Laws.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Plan, prepare, and implement instruction and assessments
• Successfully manage students in a Christian manner and environment
• Effectively communicate with students, parents, and staff members
• Differentiate instruction to reasonably meet the needs of all students
• Support and implement school initiatives
• Attend to job requirements outside school hours