All teachers in the Catholic Schools in the Archdiocese of Detroit shall be certified and /or approved for teaching by the Department of Education for the State of Michigan. All teachers are required to hold the appropriate endorsement for the subject(s) they are assigned to teach. All teachers who are catechist,(teachers of religion), must be certified by the Department of Evangelization, Catechesis and Schools.
1. Instruct students on a daily basis using developmentally appropriate materials and methods.
2. Contribute to a unified, sequential schoolwide approach to education by coordinating individual teaching goals and curriculum with those of the school as a whole.
3. Prepare and submit to Principal and Program Director measurable learning objectives for various subjects taught and design instruction toward the goal of meeting these objectives.
4. Prepare regular lesson plans for weekly review and approval of Principal and Program Director.
5. Attend all faculty meetings and school events at which faculty attendance is required.
6. Prepare and submit required student records and reports on a timely basis.
7. Provide detailed emergency lesson plans for a substitute to follow in case of teacher’s absence.
8. Gear instruction to student ability while providing assistance for those needing remedial work or enrichment.
9. Maintain certification. Preference for those with a ZS (early childhood) endorsement
10. Prepare referrals of special student cases and submit to the proper agency/authority.
11. Maintain effective communications with parents and students.
12. Note any significant school problem or potential problem and refer to the proper authority.
13. Perform school-related responsibilities, in addition to regular classroom instruction, as agreed upon in contract.