- Monsignor George Miller »
- Published Friday, Nov. 7, 2014
- Monsignor George Miller, submitted his resignation from the office of pastor of St. Ronald Parish, Sterling Heights, due to health reasons. The resignation was accepted by Archbishop Vigneron effective October 23, 2014.
- Detroit Archbishop to Bless Grave Marker for Unclaimed Bodies from Wayne County Morgue News Release »
- Published Thursday, Oct. 30, 2014
- Detroit Archbishop Allen H. Vigneron at 11:30 a.m. on Sunday, Nov. 2, will bless a granite monument marking the grave sites of 145 bodies that had gone unclaimed from the Wayne County Medical Examiner’s Office. The bodies were buried this summer at Our Lady of Hope Cemetery in Brownstown Township following an interfaith memorial service on July 9.
- Regarding Fr. Thomas J. Cain… »
- Published Monday, Oct. 27, 2014
- Father Thomas J. Cain. (1919-1984). Ordained in 1945. Decades after his death, allegations of sexual abuse of a minor were brought forward to the Archdiocesan Board of Review, considered, and are believed to be credible.
- Regarding Fr. Thomas Belczak, St. Kenneth Parish... »
- Published Thursday, Oct. 9, 2014
- Effective today, Father Thomas Belczak has been required to step aside as pastor of St. Kenneth Parish, Plymouth, pending further steps by Church officials. This action results from a law enforcement investigation into alleged improper use of St. Kenneth Parish funds. It is anticipated that Fr. Belczak’s status will continue until this matter is resolved. During this time, Fr. Belczak, 60, will not be permitted to be present at St. Kenneth; he will not be working or serving there in any capacity. Fr. Belczak will be allowed to continue his public ministry as a priest only in circumstances with the expressed consent of the Archdiocese of Detroit.
- Regarding the verdict against Father Timothy Kane »
- Published Tuesday, Oct. 7, 2014
Today, Father Timothy Kane, who had been associate pastor at St. Moses the Black Parish in Detroit, was found guilty in Wayne County Circuit Court of six counts related to the embezzlement from the Angel Fund, a charitable initiative of the Archdiocese
- Life Chain Sunday »
- Published Monday, Sep. 29, 2014
- National Life Chain Sunday (October 5, across the U.S. and Canada) takes place annually, on the first Sunday in October. Life Chain invites the churches in each city and town across North America to stand on a designated local sidewalk and pray for 90 minutes. The location and time of each Life
Chain will be posted at LifeChain.net (by state in the U.S. and by province in Canada).
- Rev Michael Clement Suhy appointment effective Nov 29 »
- Published Monday, Sep. 22, 2014
Reverend Michael (Clement) Suhy, appointed administrator, St. Louise de Marillac Parish, Warren, effective November 29. Father Suhy currently serves as associate pastor at Our Lady of Good Counsel Parish, Plymouth.
- Catechetical Sunday »
- Published Monday, Sep. 15, 2014
- The United States Conference of Catholic Bishops has designated the third Sunday in September as Catechetical Sunday. Catechetical Sunday is a wonderful opportunity to reflect on the role that each person plays, by virtue of Baptism, in handing on the faith and being a witness to the Gospel. Check your local parish for Catechetical Sunday observance.
- Monsignor Thomas Rice appointment effective Nov 29 »
- Published Tuesday, Sep. 2, 2014
- Monsignor Thomas Rice, appointed pastor, St. Thomas More Parish, Troy effective November 29. Monsignor Rice currently serves as pastor at St. Louise de Marillac Parish, Warren.
- Resolution of the 2011 Incident at St Peter Parish »
- Published Saturday, Aug. 30, 2014
In 2011, the Archdiocese of Detroit became aware of the failure of the pastor of St. Peter Parish in the Archdiocese of Detroit, Father Michael N. Cooney, to report suspected abuse of a minor in a timely manner. The incident occurred in the final