- Regarding the resignation of Sister Mary Finn, HVM »
- Published Friday, Jan. 18, 2019
The Department of Communications of the Archdiocese of Detroit shares the following message from Archbishop Allen H. Vigneron, regarding the resignation of Sister Mary Finn, HVM, from the faculty of Sacred Heart Major Seminary.
"It is only in recent days that I have come to know new and additional details and context regarding Sr. Mary’s misconduct. Based on this information, the current rector, Msgr. Lajiness, accepted Sister Finn’s resignation. I endorse this action.”
- Regarding matters at Our Lady of Mount Carmel Parish Temperance Michigan »
- Published Monday, Dec. 17, 2018
- The Archdiocese of Detroit regrets that one of its parish priests was unable to bring comfort to a grieving family at the recent funeral of their beloved son. Our hope is always to bring comfort to situations of great pain, through funeral services centered on the love and healing power of Christ.
- Summer Feeding Program »
- Published Tuesday, Dec. 11, 2018
The Archdiocese of Detroit School Foods Program will be sponsoring the USDA funded Summer Meals programs this summer in locations throughout the city. Everyone wins with the Summer Meal prog
- Reverend John Riccardo »
- Published Sunday, Dec. 9, 2018
Reverend John Riccardo is being released to create and lead a new non-profit organization, Acts XXIX, a pastoral initiative aimed at supporting the movement to Unleash the Gospel.
- Reverend Anthony Richter »
- Published Sunday, Nov. 25, 2018
- Reverend Anthony Richter appointed Pastor of Guardian Angels Parish, Clawson, effective November 26, 2018.
- Reverend Gregory Piatt »
- Published Sunday, Nov. 11, 2018
- Reverend Gregory Piatt appointed Administrator of St. John XXIII Parish, Redford, effective December 2, 2018. Father Piatt is currently serving as Associate Pastor of St. John XXIII Parish, Redford.
- Regarding Monsignor Thadddeus Ozog »
- Published Saturday, Nov. 10, 2018
- Monsignor Thaddeus Ozog (1930-1994). Ordained in 1956. An allegation of the sexual abuse of a minor was brought forward to the Archdiocesan Review Board, considered, and has been deemed credible.
- Archbishop Allen Vigneron on preparations for USCCB Fall General Assembly »
- Published Monday, Nov. 5, 2018
- The Department of Communications shares the following message from Archbishop Allen H. Vigneron as he enters a seven-day period of prayer and reparation leading up to the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops (USCCB) 2018 Fall General Assembly, which takes place November 12-14 in Baltimore, Maryland.
- Archbishop Allen Vigneron statement on the shooting at the Tree of Life Synagogue »
- Published Saturday, Oct. 27, 2018
- The Department of Communications shares the following statement from Archbishop Allen H. Vigneron, in response to the October 27 shooting at the Tree of Life Synagogue in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- Regarding Archbishop John Neinstedt »
- Published Wednesday, Oct. 24, 2018
In response to media inquiries concerning Archbishop John Nienstedt, the Archdiocese of Detroit released the following statement:
This summer, Archbishop Nienstedt announced his intention to move back to southeast Michigan