Welcome to ParishSOFT! Both the Archdiocese of Detroit (AOD) and ParishSOFT are pleased to offer you quality software and support services for your church. The ParishSOFT software connects people with your church by improving communication and fostering collaboration. It is designed to help you become more effective in your ministry while saving time and money. The Archdiocese and ParishSOFT have assembled an implementation team to support you through this transition. Should you have any questions about the implementation process, please contact the Archdiocesan Parish Rollout Team at 313-596-7104 or by email at ParishSoft@aod.org.
Parishes that are new to ParishSOFT will be able to access their parishioner data through the use of ParishSOFT’s Remote Solutions. This gives you the freedom to be productive and make well-informed decisions from wherever you can connect to the internet, without being tied to a particular computer. ParishSOFT hosts your database and the applications in a state-of-the-art data center, you’ll always have access to the latest features and enhancements. This removes the need to update the ParishSOFT software on your office computers. Leveraging the Remote Solutions technology our data is automatically backed safely and securely nightly, removing any threat of lost data.
The implementation process for ParishSOFT will be as follows: A group of about 10-15 parishes in the Archdiocese of Detroit will be trained at the same time as part of each rollout group.
- A two day in-depth, hands-on training class will be held for parish staff. We will cover: Family Directory, Offering and Pledges, and Religious Education.
- If converting data from another program, the parish will provide a copy of their data to the ParishSOFT Conversion Team when contacted. If you do not currently have existing software to convert from, check with your envelope company provider to see if you can obtain a file that contains your family name and address information to be converted. If you do not have any data to convert, Your CSA list will be used as the source for your database.
- ParishSOFT will convert your data using the information you provide on the conversion checklist for what data elements you are tracking in your current system and provide you with any exception reports generated during the conversion process. The converted database will be run through a Quality Control process that includes running your address information through a certification process to certify all of the addresses to the postal standards.
- When your conversion is complete you will be notified and instructions on accessing your data will be provided.
- The converted data should be reviewed and validated by the parish staff to ensure thedata elements from your previous system were accurately captured in ParishSOFT.
The ParishSOFT Conversion Team will contact you to obtain your current data sometime during the scheduled retrieval dates listed on the implementation schedule above. Please be sure you know the location of your current data prior to ParishSOFT contacting you. You will also need to have your conversion checklist form completed prior to these dates as it will be collected along with your data. It is important that you indicate all data elements you are tracking in your current system on the checklist so that the conversion team can best serve you during this process. If you have any questions about your conversion you can contact the ParishSOFT Conversion Team at email@example.com
**Avoid Using Your Old System***
After you have submitted your data to ParishSOFT for conversion, please avoid entering or changing data in your old system. Any data updated in your old system after submitting your data for conversion will need to be re-entered into the ParishSOFT system once you get your converted data back! The ParishSOFT team understands you are very busy and will strive to keep your downtime due to conversion to a minimum. Thoroughly completing your conversion checklist can greatly assist in this effort.
General Questions: ParishSoft@aod.org or AOD ParishSOFT Help Line: 313-596-7104
Website Questions/Concerns: WebmasterPS@aod.org
Project Manager: PSProjectManager@aod.org
Official ParishSOFT support page