- Regarding Fr. Thomas J. Cain… »
- Published Monday, Oct. 27, 2014
- Father Thomas J. Cain. (1919-1984). Ordained in 1945. Decades after his death, allegations of sexual abuse of a minor were brought forward to the Archdiocesan Board of Review, considered, and are believed to be credible.
- Resolution of the 2011 Incident at St Peter Parish »
- Published Saturday, Aug. 30, 2014
In 2011, the Archdiocese of Detroit became aware of the failure of the pastor of St. Peter Parish in the Archdiocese of Detroit, Father Michael N. Cooney, to report suspected abuse of a minor in a timely manner. The incident occurred in the final
- Regarding Fr Joseph S Skelton Jr »
- Published Friday, Jul. 11, 2014
The Communications Department has been asked to pass along the following information from Msgr. Timothy Hogan, Director of the Office for Clergy and Consecrated Life, and Msgr. G. Michael Bugarin, the Archbishop's Delegate for Clergy Discipline.
- Religious Order Priests Added to Detroit List of Accused Removed Clergy »
- Published Thursday, Jan. 30, 2014
The Archdiocese of Detroit has added three names to its online listing of clergy accused of and/or removed from ministry due to sexual abuse of minors. The three religious order priests were visiting and/or assigned to the Detroit archdiocese several decades ago. Their cases are being– or have been– handled by church officials elsewhere.
- On the Sentencing of Timothy Murray »
- Published Thursday, Jan. 23, 2014
U.S. District Judge Victoria Roberts sentenced Timothy Murray, a priest removed from ministry in 2004, to 15 years and 8 months in federal prison for possessing and distributing child pornography. The Archdiocese of Detroit issues the following reaction…
- Regarding Father Louis Grandpre »
- Published Tuesday, Sep. 17, 2013
Fr. Louis Grandpre, 79, a senior (retired) priest of the Archdiocese of Detroit, has been restricted from all public ministry as the result of an allegation of sexual misconduct with a minor dating back to the early years of his service in the Detroit archdiocese.
- Regarding Detroit Capuchins »
- Published Thursday, Jun. 27, 2013
The results of a full, voluntary and independent audit regarding sexual abuse in the Capuchin Franciscan Province of St. Joseph detail how the order and its leaders failed to protect young people from abuse over the years, but also represents a transparent effort by the order to “learn from the past to make our present and the future better,” said Fr. John Celichowski, the Detroit-based order’s provincial minister, in a news release June 18.
- Regarding Br. Baker and claims by SNAP »
- Published Wednesday, Jan. 30, 2013
An open letter dated January 30, 2013, the group SNAP (Survivors Network of those Abused by Priests) levels a series of unfair and untrue statements regarding the Archdiocese of Detroit.
- Regarding Fr Loren ODea »
- Published Saturday, Oct. 6, 2012
Effective Friday, October 5, 2012, Fr. Loren O’Dea, 83, a senior (retired) priest of the Archdiocese of Detroit, has been placed on an administrative leave of absence and restricted from any public ministry.
- Rev Michael Cooney assignment effective February 10 »
- Published Monday, Feb. 13, 2012
Reverend Michael Cooney, pastor of St. Peter Parish, Mt. Clemens, placed on administrative leave of absence effective February 10, 2012.