- Regarding Jude Ellinghausen »
- Published Friday, Jul. 22, 2016
- Jude Ellinghausen voluntarily petitioned the Vatican (the Holy See) for laicization. It was granted and took effect June 24, 2016. Jude Ellinghausen is no longer considered a priest.
- Regarding Fr Ken Kaucheck and his involvement with Gianna House »
- Published Monday, Apr. 18, 2016
Father Kenneth Kaucheck was barred from public ministry by the Archdiocese of Detroit in April 2009. At that time, the Archdiocesan Review Board had deemed substantive an allegation of sexual misconduct with a person under the age of 18 involving Fr. Kaucheck, dating back to the early years of his ministry in the Archdiocese.
The Archdiocese was aware of Father Kaucheck’s recent service as development director and ex-officio board member of Gianna House, an Eastpointe-based ministry for pregnant teenagers which opened in 2015. Gianna House is not owned, operated or officially affiliated with the Archdiocese of Detroit.
- Regarding Richard Lauinger »
- Published Monday, Mar. 28, 2016
- Richard R. Lauinger, 85. Ordained in 1956; laicized in 1975. Allegations of sexual abuse of minors while in ministry have been brought forward to the Archdiocesan Board of Review, considered, and found to be credible.
- Regarding Father David West »
- Published Thursday, Dec. 3, 2015
- Father David F. West. (1938-2004). Ordained in 1964. Years after his death, an allegation of sexual abuse of a minor was brought forward to the Archdiocesan Board of Review, considered, and was found to be credible.
- Regarding Fr James Roth OSFS »
- Published Wednesday, Mar. 25, 2015
The Toledo-Detroit Province of the Oblates of St. Francis de Sales (OSFS) has deemed credible a complaint of sexual misconduct with a minor by one of the religious order’s priests, Fr. James Roth (1953-2015). From 1995-2004, during his time as a teacher, guidance counselor, and administrator at St. Francis de Sales High School in Toledo, Ohio, Fr. Roth also helped with the weekend Mass and sacramental schedule at St. Mary of the Immaculate Conception Church in Monroe, Michigan. Other assignments included schools in Utah and Ontario, Canada. Fr. Roth died February 11, 2015.
- Regarding Fr. Thomas J. Cain… »
- Published Monday, Oct. 27, 2014
- Father Thomas J. Cain. (1919-1984). Ordained in 1945. Decades after his death, allegations of sexual abuse of a minor were brought forward to the Archdiocesan Board of Review, considered, and are believed to be credible.
- Resolution of the 2011 Incident at St Peter Parish »
- Published Saturday, Aug. 30, 2014
In 2011, the Archdiocese of Detroit became aware of the failure of the pastor of St. Peter Parish in the Archdiocese of Detroit, Father Michael N. Cooney, to report suspected abuse of a minor in a timely manner. The incident occurred in the final
- Regarding Fr Joseph S Skelton Jr »
- Published Friday, Jul. 11, 2014
The Communications Department has been asked to pass along the following information from Msgr. Timothy Hogan, Director of the Office for Clergy and Consecrated Life, and Msgr. G. Michael Bugarin, the Archbishop's Delegate for Clergy Discipline.
- Religious Order Priests Added to Detroit List of Accused Removed Clergy »
- Published Thursday, Jan. 30, 2014
The Archdiocese of Detroit has added three names to its online listing of clergy accused of and/or removed from ministry due to sexual abuse of minors. The three religious order priests were visiting and/or assigned to the Detroit archdiocese several decades ago. Their cases are being– or have been– handled by church officials elsewhere.
- On the Sentencing of Timothy Murray »
- Published Thursday, Jan. 23, 2014
U.S. District Judge Victoria Roberts sentenced Timothy Murray, a priest removed from ministry in 2004, to 15 years and 8 months in federal prison for possessing and distributing child pornography. The Archdiocese of Detroit issues the following reaction…