- Amazing Parish Conference Introductory Remarks »
- Published Monday, Apr. 18, 2016
- Archbishop Allen Vigneron gave the following remarks to open The Amazing Parish conference on Monday, April 18, 2016. More than 200 parishes from the Archdiocese of Detroit sent leadership teams to participate in the conference, which is meant to help reimagine and strengthen the mission-centered focus of the Catholic parish.
- Archbishop: Pope invites family members to ‘answer their call’ to become saints »
- Published Friday, Apr. 8, 2016
- Detroit Archbishop Allen Vigneron made the following comments upon the release of Pope Francis’s Post-synodal Apostolic Exhortation, Amoris Laetitia (“On Love in the Family.”)
- Divine Mercy Sunday Homily »
- Published Sunday, Apr. 3, 2016
- The following is the transcript of the homily given by Archbishop Allen Vigneron at the Cathedral of the Most Blessed Sacrament on Divine Mercy Sunday, April 3, 2016. Present at the Cathedral were its parishioners, and visitors from the Servants of Jesus of Divine Mercy, Knights and Dames of Malta, and many invited from the Divine Mercy Center.
- Easter Sunday Homily »
- Published Sunday, Mar. 27, 2016
The following is the transcript of the homily given by Archbishop Allen Vigneron on Easter Sunday, March 27, 2016, at the Cathedral of the Most Blessed Sacrament in Detroit. Hundreds were on hand for the Easter liturgy, concelebrated by Cathedral Rector Father J.J. Mech and vicar Father Gregory Deters.
- Easter Vigil Homily »
- Published Saturday, Mar. 26, 2016
The following is the transcript and audio file of the homily given by Archbishop Allen Vigneron at the Easter Vigil on March 26, 2016, at the Cathedral of the Most Blessed Sacrament in Detroit.
- Chrism Mass Homily »
- Published Thursday, Mar. 24, 2016
The following is the homily preached by Archbishop Allen Vigneron at the annual Chrism Mass in the Archdiocese of Detroit, celebrated March 24, 2016, at the Cathedral of the Most Blessed Sacrament in Detroit. More than 100 priests, and representatives from parishes throughout the archdiocese, were present for the liturgy.
- Palm Sunday Homily »
- Published Sunday, Mar. 20, 2016
- Excerpts from Archbishop Vigneron’s homily on Palm Sunday at the Cathedral of the Most Blessed Sacrament on March 20, 2016. About six hundred members of the faithful were present for a blessing of palm branches and procession into the Cathedral.
- Feast of St Patrick Homily »
- Published Thursday, Mar. 17, 2016
Archbishop Allen Vigneron's homily at Most Holy Trinity Church in Detroit during the annual St. Patrick’s Day Mass on March 17, 2016. Archbishop Vigneron was the main celebrant at the Mass, which was surrounded by the parish’s “Sharin’ O’ the Green” festivities.
- Ash Wednesday Homily »
- Published Wednesday, Feb. 10, 2016
- The following is a transcript of Archbishop Allen Vigneron’s homily at Ash Wednesday Mass at St. Aloysius Church in Detroit, February 10, 2016.
- Letter to priests regarding ministry to those with same sex attraction »
- Published Tuesday, Dec. 15, 2015
The following letter was issued December 15, 2015, from Archbishop Allen H. Vigneron to the priests of the Archdiocese of Detroit.