- Ash Wednesday Homily »
- Published Wednesday, Feb. 10, 2016
- The following is a transcript of Archbishop Allen Vigneron’s homily at Ash Wednesday Mass at St. Aloysius Church in Detroit, February 10, 2016.
- Letter to priests regarding ministry to those with same sex attraction »
- Published Tuesday, Dec. 15, 2015
The following letter was issued December 15, 2015, from Archbishop Allen H. Vigneron to the priests of the Archdiocese of Detroit.
- Homily at Opening of the Holy Door of Mercy in Detroit »
- Published Sunday, Dec. 13, 2015
The following homily was given by Archbishop Allen H. Vigneron on Sunday, December 13, 2015, the third Sunday of Advent, at the Cathedral of the Most Blessed Sacrament. Preceding the Mass, Archbishop Vigneron opened the Holy Door of Mercy at the Cathedral, beginning the yearlong Jubilee Year of Mercy instituted by Pope Francis.
- Archbishop Vigneron on Muslim Immigration and Religious Liberty »
- Published Thursday, Dec. 10, 2015
Detroit’s Archbishop Allen Vigneron has written to the priests of the Archdiocese of Detroit regarding two important issues i
- Homily at Diaconate Jubilee Mass »
- Published Monday, Oct. 19, 2015
The following homily was given by Detroit Archbishop Allen H. Vigneron on Sunday, October 11, 2015, at a Mass marking significant anniversaries of service for deacons in the Archdiocese of Detroit.
- Homily at Courage conference »
- Published Wednesday, Aug. 12, 2015
- The following is a transcript of the homily given by Detroit Archbishop Allen H. Vigneron on August 12, 2015, at the Inn at St. John’s Chapel in Plymouth Township. The Mass was celebrated at the conclusion of the international conference “Welcoming and Accompanying Our Brothers and Sisters with Same-Sex Attraction” and attended by the conference’s 400 participants.
- Communion and Family Members with Same Sex Attraction »
- Published Monday, Aug. 10, 2015
- Archbishop Allen Vigneron sent the following letter to the priests of the Archdiocese of Detroit on Friday, August 7, 2015:
- Jun. 30 - Homily at Jubilee Mass for Archdiocesan Priests »
- Published Tuesday, Jun. 30, 2015
“Consider, for a moment, that in our words people have been able to hear the very words of Jesus -- a voice of encouragement, a voice of invitation, a voice of appreciation, sometimes a voice of admonition. That’s a service that God’s word has done in the world. A voice of encouragement -- in being that voice, we have had as priests a blessing of expressing to people what’s in the heart of Jesus, so that they could meet that love. And certainly that’s something to be thankful for, that privilege.
- Archbishop Vigneron and Michigan Catholic Bishops Respond to SCOTUS Decision Redefining Marriage »
- Published Friday, Jun. 26, 2015
- Archbishop Allen Vigneron of Detroit joins with his brother Catholic bishops in Michigan in responding to the U.S. Supreme Court decision on the institution of marriage in this country.
- May 27 - Homily at the Pentecost Vigil »
- Published Wednesday, May. 27, 2015
- The following is a transcript of Archbishop Allen H. Vigneron’s homily given at the Pentecost Vigil, May 23, at the Cathedral of the Most Blessed Sacrament in Detroit: