- Archbishop Allen Vigneron statement on the shooting at the Tree of Life Synagogue »
- Published Saturday, Oct. 27, 2018
- The Department of Communications shares the following statement from Archbishop Allen H. Vigneron, in response to the October 27 shooting at the Tree of Life Synagogue in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- Regarding Archbishop John Neinstedt »
- Published Wednesday, Oct. 24, 2018
In response to media inquiries concerning Archbishop John Nienstedt, the Archdiocese of Detroit released the following statement:
This summer, Archbishop Nienstedt announced his intention to move back to southeast Michigan
- Regarding the Death of Saginaw Bishop Joseph Cistone »
- Published Tuesday, Oct. 16, 2018
The Communications Department of the Archdiocese of Detroit shares Archbishop Vigneron’s response to the death of Saginaw Bishop Joseph R. Cistone.
- Catholic Television Network of Detroit to Air Canonizations »
- Published Friday, Oct. 12, 2018
- The Catholic Television Network of Detroit (CTND) on Sunday, October 14, will air coverage from the Vatican of the Canonizations of Blessed Pope Paul VI, Blessed Archbishop Óscar Romero, and four others. Live coverage will begin at 4 a.m., with rebroadcasts at 11 a.m. and 7:30 p.m.
- Regarding Rev Robert Witkowski »
- Published Wednesday, Oct. 10, 2018
- Fr. Robert Witkowski, 83, a senior (retired) priest of the Archdiocese of Detroit, has been restricted from any public ministry due to credible allegations of sexual abuse of minors.
- Archdiocese of Detroit Offers Update on Michigan Attorney General Investigation »
- Published Wednesday, Oct. 3, 2018
- The Archdiocese of Detroit cooperated fully with law enforcement officials executing a search warrant for clergy files today, as part of the Attorney General investigation into the handling of clergy sexual abuse allegations in Michigan’s seven Catholic dioceses.