Updated travel accommodations for Mass attendees
with limited mobility
Addressing recent concerns about transportation accommodations for Mass attendees with limited mobility, the Archdiocese of Detroit is sharing the following updated bus parking and shuttle information to assist parishes and individuals planning their pilgrimage to Ford Field. We will continue to communicate more details as they become available, so please stay tuned to Parish Mail and the event website at https://beatification.visitdetroit.com. You may also find useful information at www.aod.org and www.solanuscasey.org.
Click here for a pulpit announcement regarding accommodations for those with limited mobility.
The Beatification Mass will begin at 4 p.m. Nov. 18. Doors open at 2 p.m. and attendees are advised to arrive early. It promises to be a grace-filled day for our archdiocese and city, and we look forward to joining together in celebration and prayer.
Buses from parishes and groups will be assigned an official parking location. We will communicate these assigned parking locations when they are available. For security and logistical purposes, buses will not be able to approach Ford Field for any drop-off or pick-up; this includes ADA-accessible drop-offs and pick-ups.
Each bus parking location will have shuttles for use only by attendees with limited mobility and their caretakers. Shuttles will run continuously between each parking lot and designated shuttle drop-off/pick-up locations near Ford Field.
Private vehicles will be permitted close to Ford Field for ADA drop-off and pick-up. More details on the drop-off/pick-up location will be communicated when available. Individuals requiring ADA drop-off and pick-up are encouraged to seek private transportation to and from Ford Field.
Private vehicle parking
Attendees arriving in private vehicles may choose from a variety of city- and privately-owned surfaces lots, garages, or metered street parking. It is estimated that costs for parking will range from $10-$50.
Street/metered parking is enforced by the City of Detroit Municipal Parking Department. The rates and hours vary, so attendees are encouraged to follow all posted signs and notices. Go to Park Detroit for more information.
Attendees are strongly encouraged to consider public transportation options when planning their trip to Ford Field. Options include:
- RefleX Limited-stop, express RefleX buses run on Gratiot and Woodward Avenue from downtown Detroit to the suburbs seven days a week and will be available on November 18. The 498 RefleX Woodward route runs from Somerset Mall in Troy with stops every mile or two in Birmingham, Royal Oak, Ferndale and Detroit. The Grand Circus Park stop is just a few blocks from Ford Field. A one-way fare is $1.50. The 598 RefleX Gratiot route runs from Mt. Clemens with stops every mile or two in Clinton Twp, Roseville, Eastpointe and Detroit. The Frank Murphy stop at Gratiot and St. Antoine is one block from Ford Field. One-way fare is $2.00. Fares on all RefleX buses are fifty cents for seniors or the disabled. More information and schedules at RTA. Exact change or a prepaid fare card is required.
- DDOT Attendees coming from points within the city of Detroit are encouraged to consider taking DDOT to the Rosa Parks Transit Center or other downtown stops and walking/using the People Mover to get to Ford Field. Standard one-way fares are $1.50. Exact change or a prepaid fare card is required.
- SMART As the beatification will take place on a Saturday, SMART buses will not run to/from downtown Detroit.
- Detroit People Mover Attendees may wish to park further from Ford Field where parking may be more readily available, such as near Cobo Center or Joe Louis Arena, and ride the People Mover to Grand Circus Park. A single fare is 75 cents. Change machines are located within each station.
- QLINE Detroit’s newest transit option is the QLINE. The QLINE runs along Woodward Avenue from Larned Street to Grand Boulevard. Parking may be more readily available, or available at lower cost near Midtown, Wayne State University or New Center. Attendees may wish to park and ride the QLINE to the Grand Circus station, located three blocks from Ford Field. A single fare is $1.50. A day pass is $3.00. Cash and credit/debit cards are accepted at QLINE stations and aboard trains and can be purchased via the QLINE mobile app.
If you have any questions, please phone the Communications Department at (313) 237-5943.