- Archbishop to celebrate Mass Sept 29 to mark success of capital initiative »
- Published Thursday, Sep. 26, 2013
Detroit Archbishop Allen Vigneron will be joined by hundreds of supporters of Changing Lives Together at a Mass of Thanksgiving at 2:30 p.m. on Sunday, Sept. 29, at the Cathedral of the Most Blessed Sacrament in Detroit. Changing Lives Together is the capital initiative that has garnered financial contributions and efforts from 72,000 Catholics in the archdiocese’s 242 parishes. The initiative, which is ongoing, has raised nearly $109 million since it began taking pledges in 2010.
- Regarding Father Louis Grandpre »
- Published Tuesday, Sep. 17, 2013
Fr. Louis Grandpre, 79, a senior (retired) priest of the Archdiocese of Detroit, has been restricted from all public ministry as the result of an allegation of sexual misconduct with a minor dating back to the early years of his service in the Detroit archdiocese.
- CTND to air Vaticans Sept 7 vigil for peace in Syria »
- Published Friday, Sep. 6, 2013
Catholic Television Network of Detroit (CTND) will air coverage of a vigil for peace for Syria, led by Pope Francis in St. Peter’s Square at the Vatican on Saturday, Sept. 7, at 1 p.m. Eastern. A re-broadcast of the event will take place at 7:30 p.m. Eastern.