- Archbishop to host Nov 21 prayer service for Christians in the Middle East »
- Published Tuesday, Nov. 19, 2013
Detroit Archbishop Allen Vigneron on Thursday evening, Nov. 21 will host an hour-long service to pray for Christians in the Middle East. The service will include participation from Eastern rite Catholics, including Chaldean, Melkite, Maronite, Armenians and Syrian Catholics. Chaldean Bishop Ibrahim Ibrahim and Syrian Bishop Yousif Habash will help lead the service. The holy hour will be at 7 p.m. at the Cathedral of the Most Blessed Sacrament, 9844 Woodward Ave. in Detroit.
- Archdiocese to hold Vigil of Our Lady of Guadalupe Dec 11 »
- Published Tuesday, Nov. 12, 2013
The Vigil of Our Lady of Gudalupe. Wednesday, Dec. 11, 2013 at the Cathedral of the Most Blessed Sacrament, 9844 Woodward Ave. in Detroit.
- CTND to air US Bishop Assembly »
- Published Friday, Nov. 8, 2013
Watch the U.S. Bishops’ General Assembly meetings in Baltimore, including addresses by USCCB president Cardinal Timothy Dolan and apostolic nuncil Archbishop Carlo Maria Vigano.
- Archdiocese to hold annual Mass for Commerce Oct 16 »
- Published Monday, Oct. 14, 2013
The 20th Annual Mass for Commerce, a liturgy celebrated for the business and professional community of Southeast Michigan, will be held Wednesday, October 16, at 8:00 am at Sacred Heart Major Seminary, 2701 Chicago Boulevard in Detroit. Detroit Auxiliary Bishop Michael J. Byrnes will be the main celebrant.
- Archbishop to celebrate Mass Sept 29 to mark success of capital initiative »
- Published Thursday, Sep. 26, 2013
Detroit Archbishop Allen Vigneron will be joined by hundreds of supporters of Changing Lives Together at a Mass of Thanksgiving at 2:30 p.m. on Sunday, Sept. 29, at the Cathedral of the Most Blessed Sacrament in Detroit. Changing Lives Together is the capital initiative that has garnered financial contributions and efforts from 72,000 Catholics in the archdiocese’s 242 parishes. The initiative, which is ongoing, has raised nearly $109 million since it began taking pledges in 2010.
- Regarding Father Louis Grandpre »
- Published Tuesday, Sep. 17, 2013
Fr. Louis Grandpre, 79, a senior (retired) priest of the Archdiocese of Detroit, has been restricted from all public ministry as the result of an allegation of sexual misconduct with a minor dating back to the early years of his service in the Detroit archdiocese.
- CTND to air Vaticans Sept 7 vigil for peace in Syria »
- Published Friday, Sep. 6, 2013
Catholic Television Network of Detroit (CTND) will air coverage of a vigil for peace for Syria, led by Pope Francis in St. Peter’s Square at the Vatican on Saturday, Sept. 7, at 1 p.m. Eastern. A re-broadcast of the event will take place at 7:30 p.m. Eastern.
- Vocations Monstrance scheduled to visit Detroit »
- Published Wednesday, Aug. 14, 2013
A monstrance blessed by the late Pope John Paul II to encourage prayers for vocations to the priesthood and religious life will be returning to the Archdiocese of Detroit for exposition and adoration at parishes throughout the Archdiocese of Detroit from Thursday, September 5 through Tuesday, September 17, 2013.
- Changing Lives Together Exceeds 100M in Pledges »
- Published Thursday, Aug. 1, 2013
Catholic parishioners in the Archdiocese of Detroit have pledged more than $107 million toward the Changing Lives Together capital initiative. Archbishop Allen Vigneron gave the encouraging update following a vespers service at St. Michael Parish in Livonia Wednesday night.
- Rev David Cybulski appointment effective August 15 »
- Published Wednesday, Jul. 31, 2013
Reverend David Cybulski, appointed Administrator of St. Joseph Parish in Erie, effective August 15, 2013. Father Cybulski currently serves as Associate Pastor of St. Hugo of the Hills Parish in Bloomfield Hills.