- Regarding the funeral service for Thomas Badke »
- Published Friday, Jan. 12, 2018
- The funeral service for Thomas Badke, who was killed Tuesday in Clinton Township, will take place at 10 a.m. Monday at St. Clement of Rome Catholic Church, 343 S. Main St., Romeo 48065.
- Regarding Father Edmund Borycz »
- Published Thursday, Jan. 11, 2018
- The Archdiocesan Communications Department reports the death of Father Edmund Borycz, 76. He died from natural causes on January 8, 2018.
- Reverend Giancarlo Ghezzi PIME »
- Published Wednesday, Jan. 3, 2018
- Reverend Giancarlo Ghezzi, PIME, appointed temporary administrator of Divine Grace Parish, Carleton, effective January 8, 2018. Fr. Ghezzi is the pastor of All Saints Parish, Detroit.
- Reverend Steven Mateja »
- Published Wednesday, Jan. 3, 2018
- Reverend Steven Mateja, granted a personal leave of absence effective January 8, 2018. Father Mateja is pastor of Divine Grace Parish, Carleton.
- Death of Cardinal Law Prompts Advisory from the Archdiocese of Detroit »
- Published Thursday, Dec. 21, 2017
The news about Cardinal Bernard Law’s death provides the Archdiocese of Detroit with an opportunity to again state its commitment to those victims and their families who have been impacted by the sexual abuse of minors by members of the Catholic clergy and/or Church personnel. The Archdiocesan website (aod.org) along with every print edition of The Michigan Catholic newspaper publish this contact information on reporting sexual abuse; parishes are encouraged to publish it in their weekly bulletins:
- DETAILS ANNOUNCED FOR FATHER SOLANUS CASEY BEATIFICATION »
- Published Tuesday, Nov. 14, 2017
DETROIT, MI (14 November 2017) – Details of the historic Beatification Mass were announced today for Father Solanus Casey, a humble Capuchin Friar who has been credited with a miraculous cure. The Beatification of Father Solanus
- Kevin Kijewski named Superintendent of Catholic Schools »
- Published Thursday, Nov. 9, 2017
- Kevin Kijewski, J.D. has been appointed Superintendent for Catholic Schools in the Archdiocese of Detroit, effective Dec. 4. With the approval of Archbishop Allen Vigneron, Kijewski (pronounced “kiev-ski”) has been hired in this important role leading the Office of Catholic Schools within the Department of Evangelization, Catechesis, and Schools.
- UPDATED Beatification of Father Solanus Casey Transportation Memo »
- Published Friday, Nov. 3, 2017
Updated travel accommodations for Mass attendees with limited mobility Addressing recent concerns about transportation accommodations for Mass attendees with limited mobility, the Archdiocese of Detroit is sharing the following updated bus parking and shuttle information to assist parishes and individuals planning their pilgrimage to Ford Field. We will continue to communicate more details as they become available, so please stay tuned to Parish Mail and the event website at https://beatification.visitdetroit.com. You may also find useful information at www.aod.organd www.solanuscasey.org.
Click here for a pulpit announcement regarding accommodations for those with limited mobility.
The Beatification Mass will begin at 4 p.m. Nov. 18. Doors open at 2 p.m. and attendees are advised to arrive early. It promises to be a grace-filled day for our archdiocese and city, and we look forward to joining together in celebration and prayer.
- Supporting CYO Requires a Bit More Effort »
- Published Sunday, Oct. 8, 2017
- To make a donation in support of CYO in this year’s United Way campaign, just look to the spot where you can write in a charitable organization and put in Catholic Youth Organization. United Way will continue to make sure that support flows through them to the agency. Should you wish to donate directly, there are various ways that can be done. For more information on other options, including small monthly giving, automobile donations, planned giving through estates or wills, or in-kind contributions email firstname.lastname@example.org or head to http://tinyurl.com/yab9gmvc.
- Father Solanus Casey Beatification Tickets Available October 9 »
- Published Thursday, Oct. 5, 2017
DETROIT, MI – The Capuchin Franciscan Province of St. Joseph in Detroit has announced that tickets to the Father Solanus Casey Beatification will be available to the public on Monday, October 9 at 9 a.m. ET only at