- Nov. 11 - Holy See accepts retirement of Bishop Francis Reiss »
- Published Wednesday, Nov. 11, 2015
This morning, the Holy See announced that Pope Francis has accepted the resignation o
- Archdiocese to hold Vigil of Our Lady of Guadalupe Dec. 11 »
- Published Tuesday, Nov. 10, 2015
The Vigil of Our Lady of Gudalupe. Thursday, Dec. 11, 2014 at the Our Lady of Guadalupe Parish, 4200 Martin Rd. in Detroit.
- Nov. 5 - Regarding the funeral service for Ryan Tsatsos »
- Published Thursday, Nov. 5, 2015
- The funeral service for Ryan Tsatsos, the Central Michigan freshman who was killed by a hit-and-run driver on Nov. 1, will take place at 10 a.m. on Friday, Nov. 6, at St. Lawrence Church 44633 Utica Road in Utica.
- Local Photographer and His Approach to Young Catholic Women »
- Published Friday, Oct. 30, 2015
- The Department of Communications has recently been made aware of concerns involving an Oakland County-based photographer, Anthony Raphael Perlas, who also presents himself as Anthony Tridentine and as the leader of the Latin Mass Society. That society—not to be confused with the Latin Mass Society of England and Wales—is not affiliated or approved by the Archdiocese of Detroit.
- Archdiocese to hold Mass for Commerce this Wednesday morning Oct 21 »
- Published Monday, Oct. 19, 2015
Liturgy will be 8 a.m. at Sacred Heart Major Seminary
Business leaders from throughout the Metro Area will gather to celebrate the 22nd Annual Mass for Commerce, a liturgy celebrated for the busines
- Archbishop Faith in Christ »
- Published Monday, Oct. 19, 2015
- Preaching about the ongoing Synod of Bishops, which is focusing on matters of the family, Archbishop Allen Vigneron urged the faithful of the Archdiocese of Detroit to remember the reality of their faith when considering what they hear about the Synod. Speaking last week at Mass on Oct. 11 at Sacred Heart Major Seminary to mark significant anniversaries for deacons of the archdiocese, Archbishop Vigneron said some commentators treated Gospel truth as “some kind of political platform which can be voted on.”
- Sept. 4 - Regarding the funeral service for the Pastuszak family »
- Published Friday, Sep. 4, 2015
The funeral service for Sterling Heights residents Jerome Pastuszak and Mark Pastuzak will take place at 11 a.m. on Saturday, Sept. 5, at St. Ephrem Church, 38900 Dodge Park Road, Sterling Heights.
Due to the dignity attached to the occasi
- Sept. 3 - Detroit Vicar General elaborates on Pope's remarks on abortion and forgiveness »
- Published Thursday, Sep. 3, 2015
Monsignor Robert McClory, vicar general and moderator of the curia for the Archdiocese of Detroit, has helped clarify the local significance of Pope Francis’s comments Tuesday that priests in the upcoming Year of Mercy will be allowed to forgive
- Sept. 1 - Regarding the plea agreement of Father Edward Belczak »
- Published Tuesday, Sep. 1, 2015
On Tuesday, September 1, 2015, in U.S. District Court in Detroit, former St. Thomas More pastor, Father Edward Belczak, entered a guilty plea to misusing funds intended for the parish. Father Belczak was removed from the parish in January 2013. Present
- Reverend Tomek Maka »
- Published Thursday, Aug. 27, 2015
- Reverend Tomek Maka granted permission to serve with the US Navy Chaplain Corps. Father Maka’s officer commissioning took place Sunday, August 9, 2015 and he reported to Newport, Rhode Island for Officer and Chaplain Training