- Regarding John C Nienstedt »
- Published Tuesday, Jun. 23, 2015
The Archdiocese of Detroit has received no allegations of sexual misconduct involving John C. Nienstedt, the former archbishop of St. Paul/Minneapolis.
As for an investigation undertaken by the Archdiocese of St. Paul/Minneapolis, the Detroit arc
- Regarding Fr Thomas Belczak »
- Published Saturday, Jun. 20, 2015
- Father Thomas Belczak will resume his duties as pastor of St. Kenneth Parish in Plymouth, effective June 27.
- Jun. 18 - Archbishop Vigneron on Pope Francis encyclical »
- Published Thursday, Jun. 18, 2015
Detroit Archbishop Allen Vigneron gave the following comment on today’s release of Pope Francis’ encyclical:
“The publication of Pope Francis’s Encyclical ‘On Care for Our Common Home’ is a moment of grace for the Church and for the world. We are blessed that with the authority the Lord Jesus has entrusted to him the Holy Father is bringing to bear the wisdom of God’s word on one of the pressing moral issues of our age: our stewardship of God’s creation. As the Vicar of Christ the Holy Father offers a clear witness to the Creator’s plan for the human family and our care of our common home, so that this wisdom will serve as the norm for how we should live together and care for those on the peripheries.”
- Archbishop Vigneron Catholic community offers prayers for church shooting victims »
- Published Thursday, Jun. 18, 2015
Detroit Archbishop Allen Vigneron offered this statement following the fatal shooting of nine people at Emanuel AME Church in Charleston, S.C.:
"The Catholic community in Metro Detroit places before the L
- Reverend Didier Kutshienza »
- Published Sunday, Jun. 14, 2015
- Reverend Didier Kutshienza appointed associate pastor, Most Holy Trinity Parish, Detroit and Ste. Anne Parish, Detroit effective July 1. Reverend Kutshienza is a member of the Congregazione Dei Figli Dell’Immacolata Concezione.
- Jun. 11 - Regarding Governor Snyder’s Support for Faith-Based Child Placement Bills »
- Published Thursday, Jun. 11, 2015
- Governor Rick Snyder today signed into law House Bills 4188-4190. The legislation grants faith-based child placement agencies legal protections to continue providing foster care and adoption services in concert with the agencies’ religious mission.
- Reverend Bernardo Cruz »
- Published Sunday, May. 24, 2015
- Reverend Bernardo Cruz appointed administrator, St. Francis D'Assisi - St. Hedwig Parish, Detroit effective July 1. Father Cruz currently serves as associate pastor of Our Lady of Guadalupe, Detroit.
- May 22 - OL Hope Groundbreaking »
- Published Friday, May. 22, 2015
- Brownstown Twp. -- Our Lady of Hope Cemetery will conduct a ceremonial groundbreaking for its new St. John Paul II Chapel Mausoleum at 1 p.m. on Tuesday, May 26. Bishop Donald Hanchon, an auxiliary bishop for the Archdiocese of Detroit, will preside at the service. The project marks a significant expansion for the Brownstown cemetery, which is owned by the Archdiocese of Detroit and managed by Catholic Funeral and Cemetery Services of Detroit (CFCS).
- Five men to be ordained priests May 23 for Detroit Archdiocese »
- Published Wednesday, May. 20, 2015
Detroit archbishop Allen H. Vigneron on Saturday, May 23, will ordain five men to the Catholic priesthood for the Archdiocese of Detroit: Deacons Mario Amore, Sean Bonner, Brian Meldrum, Jacob VanAssche and Sean Bonner.
- Reverend Robert Johnson, SVD »
- Published Sunday, May. 10, 2015
- Reverend Robert Johnson, SVD appointed associate pastor, St. Andrew Parish, Rochester effective September 1. Father Johnson is a priest of the Society of the Divine Word, where he currently serves as pastor of St. Martin of Tours Parish, Sint Maarten.