- CTND to air coverage of Knights of Columbus Supreme Convention »
- Published Tuesday, Aug. 2, 2016
Next week, the Catholic Television Network of Detroit (CTND) will air CatholicTV's coverage of the 134th Supreme Convention of the Knights of Columbus in Toronto. The convention takes place from Tuesday, Aug. 2
- Catholic Archbishop touched by condolences from local Imams »
- Published Monday, Aug. 1, 2016
- DETROIT — Detroit Archbishop Allen Vigneron was moved this week to have received correspondences from local Imams on behalf of Michigan Muslims, expressing condolences for the death of Catholic priest Father Jacques Hamel, who was killed by terrorists in Normandy, France, on July 26.
- Regarding Jude Ellinghausen »
- Published Friday, Jul. 22, 2016
- Jude Ellinghausen voluntarily petitioned the Vatican (the Holy See) for laicization. It was granted and took effect June 24, 2016. Jude Ellinghausen is no longer considered a priest.
- Regarding the funeral service for Officer Michael Krol »
- Published Monday, Jul. 18, 2016
- The funeral Mass for Officer Michael Krol, the former Wayne County Sheriff officer who was killed in an attack on law enforcement officials in Dallas this month, will be at 11 a.m. on Tuesday, July 19, at St. Robert Bellarmine Church, 17101 West Chicago in Redford Township. St. Robert Bellarmine pastor Fr. Richard Leliaert will preside.
- Archbishop Vigneron statement on violence in Louisiana Minnesota and Texas »
- Published Friday, Jul. 8, 2016
- The Archdiocese of Detroit Communications Department relays the following comment from Archbishop Allen H. Vigneron in response to the shootings which took the lives of civilians in Baton Rouge, Louisiana and Falcon Heights, Minnesota, and of police officers in Dallas, Texas:
"In the face of the violence of these days, we turn to the Lord Jesus, the Prince of Peace. Let us implore his mercy for the healing of our wounds and the triumph of peace and justice."
The Most Reverend Allen H. Vigneron
Archbishop of Detroit
- Regarding the funeral service for Gordie Howe »
- Published Tuesday, Jun. 14, 2016
- The funeral service for Gordie Howe will take place at 11 a.m. on Wednesday, June 15 at the Cathedral of the Most Blessed Sacrament, 9844 Woodward Avenue in Detroit. Cathedral rector Father J.J. Mech will preside at the service.
- Prayer service for victims of violence in Florida »
- Published Sunday, Jun. 12, 2016
In response to the senseless violence that took the lives of dozens of individuals in Florida over Saturday night, the Archdiocese of Detroit will hold a prayer service at noon on Monday, June 13, at St. Aloysius Church, 1234 Washington Boulevard in De
- Rev Matthew Ellis »
- Published Sunday, Jun. 5, 2016
- Reverend Matthew Ellis appointed associate pastor of St. Lawrence Parish, Utica, effective July 1. Father Ellis currently serves as associate pastor of St. Therese of Lisieux Parish, Shelby Township.
- Five men to be ordained priests on Saturday for the Archdiocese of Detroit »
- Published Wednesday, May. 11, 2016
Detroit archbishop Allen H. Vigneron on Saturday, May 14, 2016 will ordain five men to the Catholic priesthood for the Archdiocese of Detroit.
- Sacred Heart Major Seminary Land Purchase Announcement »
- Published Tuesday, May. 10, 2016
Sacred Heart Major Seminary has agreed to purchase four lots totaling 21⁄2 acres to the west of its campus on Chicago Boulevard on the border of Detroit’s historic Boston-Edison district.