Vision: Through collaborative leadership models, we will cultivate leaders who are rooted in our common mission of sharing Christ in and through the Church.
Goal 1: Invite and welcome current and potential leaders within the Church to engage in a discernment process so that their gifts are rooted in the common vision of sharing Christ.
Goal 2: Provide the foundational formation for collaborative leadership.
Goal 3: Foster a collaborative environment for leadership to be more effective and efficient in Christ’s mission.
TO RESPOND TO THIS VISION AND MEET THESE GOALS
It is recommended that Families and Individuals will:
- Be open to the invitation to participate in the discernment process.
- Be willing to support and assist parishioners who partake in the formational program(s).
- Pray for guidance and be willing to promulgate the mission “to Share Christ in and Through the Church.
It is recommended that the Parishes will:
- In collaboration with the Pastor, Parish Pastoral Council and/or the parish staff develop a plan to identify and personally invite current and potential leaders to engage in the discernment process.
- Utilize formation program as determined by the region/vicariate, share in the expenses, and participate in an evaluation process.
- Identify, document, and evaluate the internal and external collaborative efforts of the parish using the AOD evaluation tool.
It is recommended that the Region/Vicariate will:
- Select appropriate discernment tools for the vicariate, develop implementation plans for training (schedule, promote, measure effectiveness, frequency), and develop a resource sharing plan (location, calendar, trainers, etc.).
- Create a Vicariate planning team that includes members of the Vicariate Pastoral Council(s) and appropriate parish staff, to implement the formation program.
- Utilize the Regional Moderator Council meeting to foster collaboration among the vicariates using the AOD evaluation tool.
It is recommended that the Archdiocese will:
- Evaluate and recommend discernment tools to implement the Archbishop’s communication(s), and provide appropriate training for clergy, parish staff, and trainers.
- Develop, maintain, implement, and annually evaluate formational programs that current and potential leaders can utilize; and provide financial assistance where necessary.
- Develop and disseminate communication resources and evaluation tools for use in the Archdiocese that define collaborative leadership models rooted in the mission of sharing Christ.
It is recommended that the Archbishop will:
- Issue an initial communication (a Pastoral Letter) to pastors and leaders in the Archdiocese to invite current and potential leaders to enter into a discernment process, with an annual reminder/reaffirmation on the Feast of the Baptism of the Lord. (Connection with the call of Baptism)
- Direct the Department of EVS of the Archdiocese to develop, maintain, and annually evaluate formational programs that current and potential leaders can utilize.
- Encourage a collaborative environment in which leadership formation and development is on-going, to ensure an adequate amount of leaders to assist the clergy.