- Reflection on Cardinal Edmund C. Szoka »
- Published Monday, Aug. 25, 2014
- On August 24, 2014, Archbishop Allen Vigneron gave the following homily during the vigil service for Cardinal Edmund Casimir Szoka at the Cathedral of the Most Blessed Sacrament in Detroit. The reflection was made as part of a Vespers service, in which hundreds gathered top ray the Office of the Dead for the repose of the cardinal’s soul. The full homily may be heard at this audio link.
- Gods Mercy on the Road to Holiness »
- Published Friday, May. 16, 2014
The following is a message given by Archbishop Allen Vigneron. It was printed in The Michigan Catholic newspaper on May 16, 2014.
- Archbishop Vigeron's Easter Message »
- Published Monday, Apr. 21, 2014
The following is an Easter message given by Archbishop Allen Vigneron. It was printed in The Michigan Catholic newspaper on April 18, 2014. A video message by Archbishop Vigneron may be seen here.
- Archbishop Vigneron's Mass of Lord's Supper Homily »
- Published Monday, Apr. 21, 2014
The following is a transcript of Archbishop Allen Vigneron’s homily at the Mass of the Lord’s Supper, celebrated on Holy Thursday, April 17, at the Cathedral of the Most Blessed Sacrament in Detroit.
- Chrism Mass Homily »
- Published Thursday, Apr. 17, 2014
The following is an excerpt of Archbishop Allen Vigneron’s homily at the Archdiocese of Detroit’s 2014 Chrism Mass, celebrated on Holy Thursday, April 17, at the Cathedral of the Most Blessed Sacrament in Detroit. The full homily may be heard at this audio link.
- Archbishop Vigneron's Palm Sunday Homily »
- Published Monday, Apr. 14, 2014
Archbishop Allen H. Vigneron gave the following homily at Mass on Palm Sunday, April 13, 2014, at the Cathedral of the Most Blessed Sacrament.
- Year of Prayer »
- Published Tuesday, Feb. 25, 2014
“Renew your wonders in our time, as though by a new Pentecost and grant that your holy Church, praying perseveringly and insistently with one mind, together with Mary, the mother of Jesus, and guided by St. Peter, may increase the reign of the Divine Savior, the reign of truth and justice, the reign of love and peace. Amen.”
- Message to the Faithful of the Church of the Archdiocese »
- Published Sunday, Feb. 2, 2014
God is giving me great joy in celebrating the Feast of Our Lord's Presentation. I want to share with you one of the graces I've had in my prayer for this day: Blessed John Henry Newman's sermon for the Feast. I've attached it to this message for you reading and meditation if you are so inclined. I think that this is one of Cardinal Newman's best. I pray that it will be an occasion for the Lord to renew for you as he has for me on this Feast my sense that: (a) he is working out his saving purpose whether anyone recognizes it or not; and (b) we need to watch for and respond to his hidden and obscure actions in our lives as he works to save us. Let us pray for one another that the Holy Spirit confirm us in these convictions of faith.
- Sunday Celebrations in an Emergency Situation »
- Published Wednesday, Dec. 18, 2013
From Apostolic times, Sunday has been the day when Christians have been gathered together by the Holy Spirit to hear God's Word and to offer sacramentally the Paschal Sacrifice of their Lord, the mystery by which the Church is constituted and sustained. As Christians we believe that we are not saved as individuals apart, but as members of the Mystical Body of Christ through his Pascal love. And so it has been important for us all to gather as that Mystical Body every Sunday in order to be renewed in that mystery, through which alone we find salvation.
- Detroit Archbishop speaks about and prays for situation in Syria »
- Published Monday, Sep. 9, 2013
Archbishop speaks about and prays for situation in Syria. “We must bring to our participation, to our life as citizens, what we know about right and wrong, good and bad, defense of the innocent, and bringing to justices those who commit crimes. That’s what the Holy Father is asking the whole world to think about, to pray about…"