- Homily at Diaconate Jubilee Mass »
- Published Monday, Oct. 19, 2015
The following homily was given by Detroit Archbishop Allen H. Vigneron on Sunday, October 11, 2015, at a Mass marking significant anniversaries of service for deacons in the Archdiocese of Detroit.
- Homily at Courage conference »
- Published Wednesday, Aug. 12, 2015
- The following is a transcript of the homily given by Detroit Archbishop Allen H. Vigneron on August 12, 2015, at the Inn at St. John’s Chapel in Plymouth Township. The Mass was celebrated at the conclusion of the international conference “Welcoming and Accompanying Our Brothers and Sisters with Same-Sex Attraction” and attended by the conference’s 400 participants.
- Communion and Family Members with Same Sex Attraction »
- Published Monday, Aug. 10, 2015
- Archbishop Allen Vigneron sent the following letter to the priests of the Archdiocese of Detroit on Friday, August 7, 2015:
- Jun. 30 - Homily at Jubilee Mass for Archdiocesan Priests »
- Published Tuesday, Jun. 30, 2015
“Consider, for a moment, that in our words people have been able to hear the very words of Jesus -- a voice of encouragement, a voice of invitation, a voice of appreciation, sometimes a voice of admonition. That’s a service that God’s word has done in the world. A voice of encouragement -- in being that voice, we have had as priests a blessing of expressing to people what’s in the heart of Jesus, so that they could meet that love. And certainly that’s something to be thankful for, that privilege.
- Archbishop Vigneron and Michigan Catholic Bishops Respond to SCOTUS Decision Redefining Marriage »
- Published Friday, Jun. 26, 2015
- Archbishop Allen Vigneron of Detroit joins with his brother Catholic bishops in Michigan in responding to the U.S. Supreme Court decision on the institution of marriage in this country.
- May 27 - Homily at the Pentecost Vigil »
- Published Wednesday, May. 27, 2015
- The following is a transcript of Archbishop Allen H. Vigneron’s homily given at the Pentecost Vigil, May 23, at the Cathedral of the Most Blessed Sacrament in Detroit:
- Chrism Mass Homily 2015 »
- Published Thursday, Apr. 2, 2015
To all of you, the people of God, who have been drawn by the Holy Spirit here today, how good it is that we can be this mystery, this sacrament — anticipating here, in our earthly praise and singing, how we will be at the end of time. This is a foretaste of the joy God has in store for us.
- Palm Sunday Homily »
- Published Tuesday, Mar. 31, 2015
Our carrying the palms is a profession that we do not think Jesus in his death is proved to be an imposter. Because we have faith, we carry the palms and by them profess that we recognize in the self-offering of Jesus the very essence of who he is as our king. As it says in an ancient Christian hymn, our king Jesus has reigned from the cross. We proclaim this truth every time we come to the Eucharist: “We proclaim your death lord until you come in glory… When we eat this bread and drink this cup, we proclaim your death until you come again… Save us, savior of the world, for by your cross and resurrection, you have set us free.”
- Letter to the Coptic Orthodox Archdiocese of North America »
- Published Monday, Feb. 23, 2015
The following letter was sent from Detroit Archbishop Allen Vigneron to Bishop Karas of the Coptic Orthodox Archdiocese of North America, following the death of 21 Coptic Christians from Egypt by a group of militants in Libya claiming affiliation with ISIS.
- Archbishop Vigneron's Ash Wednesday Message »
- Published Wednesday, Feb. 18, 2015
The following is a message for Ash Wednesday 2015, given by Archbishop Allen Vigneron.