Theology on Tap is a great opportunity for young Catholic adults to meet in a comfortable setting to explore our faith and how it affects our lives.
Renew International’s Theology on Tap is a licensed program that encourages the exploration of faith amongst young adults, ages 18-35, in a setting that is meant to be non-threatening and open to dialogue. It must also be known that since the Church’s call for the New Evangelization, Theology on Tap has become a vehicle for reaching out to those who are not yet disciples in the "new areopogi" or to engage those who may feel uncomfortable in traditional Church settings.
- Identify if there is an interest for Theology on Tap in the parish, vicariate, or region.
- Consult pastor and acquire his approval.
- Identify a proper location: a bar that has the capacity for a group to listen to a speaker. Contact owner/manager to set up the event. Most events are dutch treat, meaning the attendees pay for their own bills.
- Identify a speaker and a topic. Contact speaker and confirm commitment to the date and topic pending AOD approval.
- Create a flyer and promote the event. Create two versions of the flyer: 8.5x11 and a business card size for parish bulletins. Send a pdf version of the flyer to the AOD YACM Liaison.
- Complete the form and turn into the AOD YACM Liaison.
- Advertise in the parish and in neighboring parishes by contacting pastors and bulletin editors. Follow up on messages and emails.
- Contact the vicar and inform him of the event so that it may be publicized and promoted on the vicariate level.
- Use social media whenever possible. Creating a Facebook event or a following on Twitter are very helpful. Constantly remind people of the event.
- Personally invite individuals to attend, especially those who may be on the fringe of faith.
- Set up a vehicle to collect contact information from attendees (phone, email, and social media)
- Look at www.renewtot.org for best practices when hosting Theology on Tap.
- Provide AOD YACM Liaison with feedback regarding the Theology on Tap event.
- The AOD Young Adult Ministry will provide for half of the speaker’s cost up to $100 for a single event.
If you are interested in hosting or presenting at a Theology on Tap event, Download the Informational Form or fill out the forms online by following the links below.