- Regarding Detroit Capuchins »
- Published Thursday, Jun. 27, 2013
The results of a full, voluntary and independent audit regarding sexual abuse in the Capuchin Franciscan Province of St. Joseph detail how the order and its leaders failed to protect young people from abuse over the years, but also represents a transparent effort by the order to “learn from the past to make our present and the future better,” said Fr. John Celichowski, the Detroit-based order’s provincial minister, in a news release June 18.
- Regarding Br. Baker and claims by SNAP »
- Published Wednesday, Jan. 30, 2013
An open letter dated January 30, 2013, the group SNAP (Survivors Network of those Abused by Priests) levels a series of unfair and untrue statements regarding the Archdiocese of Detroit.
- Regarding Fr Loren ODea »
- Published Saturday, Oct. 6, 2012
Effective Friday, October 5, 2012, Fr. Loren O’Dea, 83, a senior (retired) priest of the Archdiocese of Detroit, has been placed on an administrative leave of absence and restricted from any public ministry.
- Rev Michael Cooney assignment effective February 10 »
- Published Monday, Feb. 13, 2012
Reverend Michael Cooney, pastor of St. Peter Parish, Mt. Clemens, placed on administrative leave of absence effective February 10, 2012.
- SNAP News Release Misinformed Misguided »
- Published Monday, Jun. 13, 2011
Since 2002, the Detroit archdiocese has had a model agreement with the six Prosecuting Attorneys within its boundaries. Every complaint brought forward is immediately provided to civil authorities. SNAP knows this, and to suggest otherwise is sadly disingenuous.
- Regarding Incident at Sacred Heart Parish School Dearborn »
- Published Friday, Feb. 4, 2011
Dearborn Police are questioning man in relation to an incident observed this morning, Friday, February 4, on the Sacred Heart campus. No school children were harmed and at no point were any of them in any danger. The principal, Lisa Powaser, and the pa