- Rev David Buersmeyer »
- Published Sunday, Apr. 10, 2016
- Reverend David Buersmeyer appointed Pastor of St. Regis Parish, Bloomfield Hills, effective July 1. Father Buersmeyer currently serves as pastor of SS. John and Paul Parish, Washington Township.
- Rev Patrick Gonyeau »
- Published Sunday, Apr. 3, 2016
Reverend Patrick Gonyeau appointed Associate Pastor of the Cathedral of the Most Blessed Sacrament, St. Moses the Black, and Our Lady of the Rosary Parishes, Detroit, effective July 1; and Central Region Coordinator of Evangelization i
- Msgr Charles Kosanke »
- Published Sunday, Apr. 3, 2016
Monsignor Charles Kosanke appointed Pastor of Most Holy Trinity Parish, Detroit and Ste. Anne Parish, Detroit, effective April 25. Monsignor Kosanke currently serves as pastor of St. Regis Parish, where he will continue to serve as Ad
- Regarding Richard Lauinger »
- Published Monday, Mar. 28, 2016
- Richard R. Lauinger, 85. Ordained in 1956; laicized in 1975. Allegations of sexual abuse of minors while in ministry have been brought forward to the Archdiocesan Board of Review, considered, and found to be credible.
- Reverend Joseph Horn »
- Published Sunday, Mar. 27, 2016
- Reverend Joseph Horn appointed Director of Priestly Vocations for the Archdiocese of Detroit, effective July 1. Father Horn currently serves as pastor of Holy Family Parish, Memphis and St. Augustine Parish, Richmond.
- Reverend Timothy Birney appointment effective July 1 »
- Published Monday, Mar. 21, 2016
Reverend Timothy Birney appointed pastor, St. Frances Cabrini Parish, Allen Park, effective July 1. Father Birney currently serves as Director of Priestly Vocations for the Archdiocese of Detroit.
- Archbishop to mark start of Holy Week with Palm Sunday service at Cathedral »
- Published Friday, Mar. 18, 2016
Catholics from across the Archdiocese of Detroit will be at the Cathedral of the Most Blessed Sacrament for an 11 a.m. Palm Sunday Mass on March 20. The beginning of the services involves an outdoor blessing of palms and procession into the Cathedral. Archbishop Allen Vigneron will celebrate the liturgy. Youths and young adults from throughout the six-county archdiocese are invited each year to the Mass. The Cathedral of the Most Blessed Sacrament is at 9844 Woodward Avenue in Detroit.
- Reverend Steven Mateja »
- Published Sunday, Mar. 13, 2016
- Reverend Steven Mateja appointed administrator, Divine Grace Parish, Carleton, effective July 1. Father Mateja currently serves as associate pastor of St. Lawrence Parish, Utica.
- CTND to Broadcast Pope Francis Apostolic Visit to Mexico »
- Published Thursday, Feb. 11, 2016
The Catholic Television Network of Detroit (CTND) will provide coverage and special programming during Pope Francis’ upcoming visits to Cuba and Mexico. Broadcast times are as follows:
- Archbishop to mark Ash Wednesday at Downtown Church Introduce Area Wide Effort to Unleash the Gospel »
- Published Monday, Feb. 8, 2016
- This Ash Wednesday, Feb. 10, Detroit Archbishop Allen Vigneron will celebrate Mass and distribute ashes at 12:15 p.m. at St. Aloysius Church in Detroit. At the liturgy, the archbishop will speak about a flurry of new local activities meant to energize Catholics to share the Gospel, stave off ambivalence toward God, and grow the local Catholic Church after years of decline. The Archbishop will give those at the Mass – and Catholics throughout the archdiocese – what he calls a new rally cry to “Unleash the Gospel.”