- Archdiocese to hold Mass for Commerce this Wednesday morning Oct 21 »
- Published Monday, Oct. 19, 2015
Liturgy will be 8 a.m. at Sacred Heart Major Seminary
Business leaders from throughout the Metro Area will gather to celebrate the 22nd Annual Mass for Commerce, a liturgy celebrated for the busines
- Archbishop Faith in Christ »
- Published Monday, Oct. 19, 2015
- Preaching about the ongoing Synod of Bishops, which is focusing on matters of the family, Archbishop Allen Vigneron urged the faithful of the Archdiocese of Detroit to remember the reality of their faith when considering what they hear about the Synod. Speaking last week at Mass on Oct. 11 at Sacred Heart Major Seminary to mark significant anniversaries for deacons of the archdiocese, Archbishop Vigneron said some commentators treated Gospel truth as “some kind of political platform which can be voted on.”
- Sept. 4 - Regarding the funeral service for the Pastuszak family »
- Published Friday, Sep. 4, 2015
The funeral service for Sterling Heights residents Jerome Pastuszak and Mark Pastuzak will take place at 11 a.m. on Saturday, Sept. 5, at St. Ephrem Church, 38900 Dodge Park Road, Sterling Heights.
Due to the dignity attached to the occasi
- Sept. 3 - Detroit Vicar General elaborates on Pope's remarks on abortion and forgiveness »
- Published Thursday, Sep. 3, 2015
Monsignor Robert McClory, vicar general and moderator of the curia for the Archdiocese of Detroit, has helped clarify the local significance of Pope Francis’s comments Tuesday that priests in the upcoming Year of Mercy will be allowed to forgive
- Sept. 1 - Regarding the plea agreement of Father Edward Belczak »
- Published Tuesday, Sep. 1, 2015
On Tuesday, September 1, 2015, in U.S. District Court in Detroit, former St. Thomas More pastor, Father Edward Belczak, entered a guilty plea to misusing funds intended for the parish. Father Belczak was removed from the parish in January 2013. Present
- Reverend Tomek Maka »
- Published Thursday, Aug. 27, 2015
- Reverend Tomek Maka granted permission to serve with the US Navy Chaplain Corps. Father Maka’s officer commissioning took place Sunday, August 9, 2015 and he reported to Newport, Rhode Island for Officer and Chaplain Training
- Aug. 7 - Comment from Archbishop Vigneron regarding Communion and loved ones in same sex relationships »
- Published Monday, Aug. 10, 2015
- Archbishop Allen Vigneron sent this letter to the priests of the Archdiocese of Detroit.
- July 1 - Archbishop Vigneron addresses priests deacons with new pastoral letter »
- Published Wednesday, Jul. 1, 2015
- Archbishop Allen H. Vigneron of Detroit this week issued his third pastoral letter since becoming the Archbishop of Detroit in January 2009. Titled The Preacher -- Servant of the Word of God, the new pastoral letter is directed toward priests and deacons on the subject of preaching, and is centered on efforts being undertaken in the Archdiocese of Detroit toward building a culture of New Evangelization.
- Regarding John C Nienstedt »
- Published Tuesday, Jun. 23, 2015
The Archdiocese of Detroit has received no allegations of sexual misconduct involving John C. Nienstedt, the former archbishop of St. Paul/Minneapolis.
As for an investigation undertaken by the Archdiocese of St. Paul/Minneapolis, the Detroit arc
- Regarding Fr Thomas Belczak »
- Published Saturday, Jun. 20, 2015
- Father Thomas Belczak will resume his duties as pastor of St. Kenneth Parish in Plymouth, effective June 27.